Mode Four

Updated
StimoS
Heres the deal guys, i have been playing on a mesa recto verb combo now for about 5 years, its done me well however now i need more power and balls for the shows i been doing and music iv been playing. Playing like hard rock right now with like a godsmack feel to it on guitars. I work at GC and been playin the JVM which think is one of the best amps iv ever played through for raw tone, however way to expensive, so figured id give the line6/bogner a shot. Great amp and i was guna buy it until one of my buddies friend told me how he said hes gimi his mode four for $160. Head alone ofcourse. I took the deal and played the amp through a 1960A 412 at work. Sounded awsome, think i got a steal, not to mention the condition is great, il post pics wen i can. What do you guys think, im pretty happy with it right now, looked em up new they are goin for like 1100.
tee5150ii

Most people around here that have commented on them don't like them too much. I'm kind of in between. For that price, and if it's in good condition, you did get quite a steal.

Strange

For that price you totally got a steal. I hope your friend can kick his meth addiction though.

Anyway, if you decide you don't like it, you can sell it for a healthy profit margin to go towards something else.

Deadpulse

^
my thoughts as well

also, if you think the JVM is too expensive, which Bogner would you get? to my knowledge, All Bogners are pretty pricey

Strange

^
my thoughts as well

also, if you think the JVM is too expensive, which Bogner would you get? to my knowledge, All Bogners are pretty pricey

I think he's talking about the Spider-valve, or whatever that Line 6/Bogner hybrid is called.

Deadpulse

OH! yeah, that makes sense now. What the hell was I thinking

StimoS

lol, the line/bogner is wat i was goin towards haha. even though it is a completly different type of amp it was in my price range. but i went out and got that 1960 a marshall 412 at work took it home and so far i love the amp. Deffinatly not jvm status but probably going to work for a while on gigs. I think the cab is great though so if i decide to sell the modefour im probably going to go with the line/bogner. Just such a great amp. quick question for the effects loop wizards out there, im running a dl4, chorus ensamble, boss-AC(acustic) and a wah, didnt know exactly the best order to throw these in, or if i should even bother with the loop and just go through the input.

ps sry about the realy bad english and typing got the girlfriend nagging the shit out of me.

espdood

typing got the girlfriend nagging the shit out of me.

LOL I hear ya on that one, man.

Deadpulse

i'd go Boss-AC, chorus, delay, wah in the loop

IbaDavez

the JVM is not expensive at all here.. although i am in england.... about the same price as a 5150 here

Blake

wah in the loop

This does not create a desirable tone. Run that out front.

Deadpulse

hahaha what the fuck am i thinking? yeah, wah in front, not the loop

/r-tard

StimoS

haha yah wah i figured would go up front. I may actually just pick a up an ME-50 and be over with it. The pedals may create just to much things for me to stay on top of as opose to just one board with it own power supply, that i would definatly run in he loop, even with the wah because the processors from my expirience have sounded very noisy going direct in.

Post to Thread