New amp finally!

Updated
MikeAmottV2006
Long story short....about 2 months ago I sold my modded 5150II and searched for a used Randall V2......found one on Ebay and I got burned.....Sent it in to Randall to get it fixed. 3 1/2 weeks later It's fixed (free of charge even though I wasn't the original owner, which I told the guys at Randall)! I took it over to my buddy's house on friday to give it it's first real run-through. Holy shit! does not even describe everyone's thoughts that was there. I was used to my 5150II and he plays a Mesa Triple Rectifier and neither one of them has the sheer ass that this amp does. We went through about a dozen preamp tube combos before settling on a tungsol and 2 mesa 12ax7's (the JJ ecc83's that the amp came with were absolutely terrible sounding. Now it actually sounds and responds like a tube amp (don't care what any of the nay sayers say). Of all of us that were there playing through it, we were all tube amp players, me being one of the two metal heads of the group, and none of us missed my 5150II's metal tone. This amp, and Randalls awesome people that took awesome care of me have made me a loyal Randall customer from now on. These guys are top notch. Pics to come as soon as I find my usb cable for the camera.
BrazilianBootyLover

Nice man congrats!

espdood

Sweet!! What made you sell your 5150 II and switch over to Randall?

idpmofo

that's so cool that they fixed it for free even though u told them u werent original buyer. Randall just moved up on my list. Congrats on a good PR move. word-of-mouth is a powerful thing

ESPRockBeast

The MTS series is awesome!! There used to be a few guys on this board that had the RM100 heads. Great tones, plus gobs of the usual Randall bass :evil

MV-CTM

V2s rape asshole, I want one so bad :lol

MikeAmottV2006

Amen to that one man! I placed an ad on craigslist the same day I played a randall at the local Sam Ash and I sold it that same day. I got the V2 used on Ebay for $850 shipped and it was totally fucked when I got it....after a few bs sessions with ebay and he guy about him telling me that the amp was noisey and offering to give me a refund, but I never replied to him (I never got any of these messages from him, but ebay said he sent them and I just never replied) I decided to just say screw it and sent it back to Randall at my expense. Randall even emailed me a link to ups to print off a prepaid shipping label! I had absolutely ZERO out of pocket expense to get it fixed.

This amp totally rapes anything I have ever heard. My only concern about it is it doesn't have the top end sizzle that most other amps I have played have. But it think I just need to tweek it more. If I can't get the presence to come out in it I may try a bbe in the loop to see if that helps, my buddy has one I can try. I don't have any kind of recording gear, otherwise I'd get some clips asap.

Sixstringhotshot

I just got my V2 back from Randall as well. I got dicked around all summer waiting for them to fix it. I'm selling it dirt cheap, PM if interested.:cool:

the_emptier

would that head work with a 280w 2 x 12 cab?

MikeAmottV2006

would that head work with a 280w 2 x 12 cab?

It depends on the impedence of the cab. This amp is 200watts at 8 ohms, 300 watts at 4ohms and 400watts at 2 ohms.

load more replies (1 of 1)
sp1ke

wow, that is seriously cool of randall... good shit, congas on the amp

the_emptier

^yeah i read that last night.

MikeAmottV2006

I was just going by what is actually on the amp itself.

Post to Thread