strap locks

Updated
wildchild
i don't quite enjoy my guitar falling off me while im in the middle of playing something, can anyone recommend some good strap locks? I read some reviews about schaller strap locks and they sound like they would work well. So I'm thinking of getting a pair of them, but are there any other strap locks that would be better? thanks.
idpmofo

Dimarzio strap locks

dont take my advice, take Jibboom's. we just had a post discussing straps. several others mentioned Dimarzio as well.

R11GJH

I use Shaller and have had no issues. Easy to fit and easy to use, especially with ESP as the screws are the same size. I had real issues fitting them to my Ibenez.

Bouncepogo

schaller ftw

wildchild

well i think i'll take a look at the schallers then
thanks doods

Joe_Bradburry

i use dunlops, and they work great. just use a little wd-40, and you wont have any problems.

JoeBender

Weird that everyone loves Schallers so much... I have a set and they pop off all the time! If you have like a thick Levy's strap, don't use Schallers. Since you have to screw the end on, a thicker strap will make it so that the screw can't be screwed on as tightly, which is why it pops off so much. Should be okay with some thin nylon strap though.

Can someone explain how the Dunlops work and why there are like, four different types on the site? I've been meaning to get some, but I'm kind of confused from the guy that said his Les Paul fell off with the Dunlops.

load more replies (2 of 2)
wildchild

them schallers are sounding better and better

TaoZen

Yeah, some straps you have to make the hole in the leather a bit bigger in diameter (not much more) in order to use schallers.

The only thing that holds the dunlops in place are tiny ball bearings that poke out of the sides of the strap pin that fits into the female end of the lock. if the little bearings get dirty and jam, they will fail. Nothing will stop your guitar from falling except your ninja like reflexes.

At least schallers guitar end of the lock are held in a cradle in the body of the strapside of the lock and won't fall unless your nut on the strap is really loose which will allow the cradle to rotate upside down. Before the mechanism fails, it gets really stiff and grindy, and will begin to squeak. Time to replace them. Don't oil them to quiet them. it won't appreciably extend the lifespan.

wildchild

:lol

Dark Alone

I've been using Dunlops the last few years. I like them very much.

wildchild

with the schallers, are there like, different models of the strap locks or whatever? or are all schaller strap locks the same?

Gfunk

Dunlops are manufactured for homosexuals and undereducated mongoloids.

with the schallers, are there like, different models of the strap locks or whatever? or are all schaller strap locks the same?

Yes they have several including gold, black, and chrome.

:)

load more replies (2 of 2)
wildchild

so theyre all the same, just different colours
this pleases me

SpicyPickles

How do shallers just pop off? if you put them on right the only way they can come off is if you take them off

put them on so that the little U shaped piece cradles the peice on the guitar if that makes sense

load more replies (1 of 1)
OutlawTorn

schallers are the way to go..

DarkKnight369

Schallers are the best strap locks in my opinion. They have a lip that catches the strap pin as a fail safe unlike the dunlops. I have been using them for a while now and I have thrashed my guitar around without ever having issues.

wildchild

:lol i thought so too

TaoZen

Yeah what is that, a piece of foam as a string mute?

chevy Z 302

jup, to stop the strings from ringing out past the nut.

i have foam in my floyd cavity to stop the springs from ringing, floyd nut sort of stops it past the headstock though.

load more replies (1 of 1)
Joe_Bradburry

yet another ingenious innovation!

Post to Thread