Mesa Cabs

Updated
Mesa Cabs
Anyone know the difference between the Mesa Recto "Traditional" and "Standard" cabs?
chevy Z 302

trad. are more 'traditional' in size. The height and widths are smaller yielding a tighter cab. the recto cab are oversized and thus larger in size.

check mesa's site for the dimensions

Asmodaus

The bigger cab gives it more bottom end, imo. buy to taste.

hermz

Sounds like the trad would be better for me but I guess I'll have to try 'em out.

chevy Z 302

i definitely prefer the trad with my pb, and most everything I'll use so thats what i got. Couldn't be happier.

T-nuts

I've got the oversized guy and I really quite like it.

It's plenty tight and huge bottom end.

It rattles windows so well that I am actually cracking the small window in my bassists basement where we practice.

Bridge The Void

Recto 212s pwn. If I was still using tube amps, I wouldn't be selling it...

marcy_marc2008

IMO i prefer the tred. the oversized had very little bottom end when i hooked up my 6505. it just seamed to rattle the speakers inside the cab instead of getting that room shaking bottom that the smaller one gives.

nwright

IMO i prefer the tred. the oversized had very little bottom end when i hooked up my 6505. it just seamed to rattle the speakers inside the cab instead of getting that room shaking bottom that the smaller one gives.

That makes no sense.

nwright

^ CAA?

Do you mean CAE (Custom Audio Electronics)?

nwright

What am I thinking of with CAE...Does Suhr also have a co. named that?

chevy Z 302

CAE is bob bradshaw's company

he and john suhr 'collaborated' on some stuff IIRC and they co-designed or suhr designed the 3+se preamp. Then suhr went on his own and AFAIK suhr is dealing in the CAA amps now, cabs included. But he is getting his own brand of amps out. So i guess the CAA are a collab between J.S and B.B.

hermz

Thank you for your wisdom fellas.

nwright

^ thanks Cobra...The logos are practically identical. That's what threw me. Hmmm, then I'd say you're right, Chevy, they must have something to do with each other.

JeanPaul du Vinnie

How are the Recto 2x12 cabs? Been looking at one on Ebay lately.

load more replies (1 of 1)
Sixstringhotshot

Of course they do. Suhr used to work for CAE. He designed their OD-100 amplifier.

nwright

Of course they do. Suhr used to work for CAE. He designed their OD-100 amplifier.

^see, that's what I thought. Whenever I hear people talk about OD-100's, they always reference CAE. I'd never heard of CAA until people here posted it. I must still be confused?

chevy Z 302

thanks, visiting HRI has made me actually buy into the boutiqe stuff. I mean actually purchase, not 'buy into'.

now i've got a keeley comp on the way and if i found a place with a flatliner in stock it'd be here too. I got a good price on a pp2+ to hold me over until the flatliner's are back in stock though.

esp_gaijin

i play 3 chords.

usually in the right order.

i have a china squier and a marshall mg.

:p :)

StimoS

kind of random but iv been a mesa guy for a while with my single rec combo, which sounds great, but now getting into heavier styles im growing out of it. I tried out a triple rec through a rec cab, then through a marshall 1960 v30 cab, used usually on the the vintage modern heads marshall makes. I think i have to go marshall for the cab guys, the way they are constructed they sound so much crunchier, the mesa's have always been to flat and chunkey.

Post to Thread