Project Guitar Options/Opinions

Updated
Project Guitar Options/Opinions
There is a shop near me that has a couple of used guitars that i would love to make into project axes. Axe One: Schecter Jerry Horton "Papa Roach" C-1 Signature - Price £299 - its in good condition, comes with some good specs and bells and whissles on it like the Groover tuners and Seymour Duncan Distortion pickups and the Mahogany body. Probable things id do is take as much relating to Papa Roach off it and refinish the body, probably in oil or somesort of satin, replace the neck pup with something less aggressive as well. Does anyone know the cost of theese new??? Axe Two: Fender MIM Strat (Metalic Red/Maple Board') - Price £209 - Havnt seen it in person yet, but from the web pics looks in good nic, however it is a MIM so parts will be of poorish quality so id probably have to replace quite a bit with USA grade trems and what not, upside its probably ready to go as its a strat and is used to things like that happening to it as most strats are. Probably mods would be a USA Vintage Trem and a EMG 85/SA/60 Pup config on a new pickgaurd as well. Axe Three: PRS SE Singlecut - Price £329 - Same as the Strat, havnt seen it in person yet, but it has lots of things that are going for it, such as the fact there isnt too much that would needed changed out, but the fact is its another LP shape in my collection and i want something diffrent, but the fact theese axes are arround £449 New makes me wonder about it more, if it was a SE Custom Trem id be sold. Probable mods would be a EMG 85/60 config and a new bridge as i hate the PRS stoptail style bridge as i like to feel saddles when palm muting. What one should i go for??? Thanks again.
tee5150ii

I vote strat. Pretty straight forward construction and availability of parts. Just get some good parts on it like you were saying and it should turn out nice.

ESPimperium

Thats what i was thinking, parts for the Strat are really easy to come by, then it should be a go-er. Altho there is another Strat there as well:

Axe Four: Fender 1995 American Standard Strat 3TSB R/W - Price £499 - Same as the PRS and MIM Strat, havnt seen it, looks like a good quality axe with good parts. Altho id probably not mod it with EMGs, probably with Hot Rails and pickups that would make it look like a Iron Maiden style axe.

Altho all that being said the MIM Strat may still be less than the MIA strat.

Ravens Creed

I own and love PRS but the SE's are horrible.

Bridge The Void

I personally love the PRS SE's, but feel that they are quite overpriced so an SE at a low price is always a sweet deal in my book. Strats are awesome for modding though, so definitely check it out too. Dunno how much the Jerry Horton Schecters were, they've been discontinued for ages now.

JeanPaul du Vinnie

Axe One: Schecter Jerry Horton "Papa Roach" C-1 Signature - Price £299 - its in good condition, comes with some good specs and bells and whissles on it like the Groover tuners and Seymour Duncan Distortion pickups and the Mahogany body. Probable things id do is take as much relating to Papa Roach off it and refinish the body, probably in oil or somesort of satin, replace the neck pup with something less aggressive as well. Does anyone know the cost of theese new???

My first GAS ever! :lol

I'd go with the Strat. I'd love me a sunburst MIM to mod the hell out of.

ESPimperium

Found out the C-1s price njew, £649, now its being sold for £299 used.

Its a SH-6 Duncan Distortion and a SH-2 Jazz i have found out it has as well. Its also USA Made axe well.

Im thinking im gonna go for a Strat tho.

KH Guitar Freak

PRS SE...

If you want strats that are bang for the buck, go find some Japanese made Fender strat on ebay...

ESPimperium

I think im gonna look at a Strat, but one thing that i may now look at putting in it is a piezo pickup so i can go to acoustic counds, but that may be too complicated in the electronics department.

ESPimperium

I did think of a Tele at one stage, but can you put a HB at the bridge of a Tele or does that need routing for that???

Post to Thread