• MikeC

+1 with what SV Standard said.
    I have a set of these pickups in my Jackson and it just isn't what I want in a pickup. No matter what I do I just can't seam to get anything really heavey with these. The cleans are good with these, but I don't play on clean often.
    I have to dissagree with these sounding better then as 81 though. The 81 is a great pickup, as is the 85 EMG's. All in all, I give these pickups a 3 out of 10 for my type of playing.

• espdood

+1 with what SV Standard said.
      I have a set of these pickups in my Jackson and it just isn't what I want in a pickup. No matter what I do I just can't seam to get anything really heavey with these. The cleans are good with these, but I don't play on clean often.
      I have to dissagree with these sounding better then as 81 though. The 81 is a great pickup, as is the 85 EMG's. All in all, I give these pickups a 3 out of 10 for my type of playing.

Which Jackson do you have them in? Jackson mostly uses the H3's in their guitars, but not sure if they recently started using the HZ-4's this year. If they are the H3's, I completely agree with you. If they are the H4's, I'm gonna have to disagree with you.

Cancel