red bear mke120?

Updated
Lupet
Has anybody used this before? I tried reading some reviews in HC but some of them are really conflicting and is very few. I found one for sale with a 4x12 cab, unfortunately, i have to drive 2.5 hours just to be able to test it. there's no vid on youtube either. Is this any good?
nwright

Supposedly they are kinda like JCM800's in terms of gain. They use funky preamp tubes, though, IIRC. You may want to get it modded to accept 12AX7's.

Russian made, distributed by Gibson I think? There are a couple dudes on other forums I frequent who love the amps. I've heard some clips, and they were pretty cool. Not what I'd call high gain. You'd probably want a boost to get into modern high gain territory for sure.

Sixstringhotshot

I have a Sovtek from that era, they're allegedly very similar amps. Though I have never seen or played a Redbear. I imagine it's selling fairly cheap?

Lupet

I have a Sovtek from that era, they're allegedly very similar amps. Though I have never seen or played a Redbear. I imagine it's selling fairly cheap?

SSHS, i heard one of your clips, i think it was your sovtek and you're playing VH's Ain't talking about love... that sounded good. Did you use any other pedeal in front of the amp or was the guitar plugged directly?
I don't know if the price is cheap for the amp because i don't know how much they were new. But the seller is asking around 500 usd for the head and cab.

@ nwright
i read the same things at HC's reviews. How much does modding the tubes cost?

Post to Thread