Strange 5150.

Updated
motherpuncher
Hey guys. I bought an old 5150 block letter a while ago, didn't really like the sound with the original cab, so I bought a Marshall 1960 cab with V30's. I don't know if it's supposed to like this but, it's not tight at all, and it's not gainy and chunky as I thought, sounds all fizzyfuzzy on my ass. So..anyone have an idea what's "wrong"? Tubes, cab? Cheers!
TREVA

where guitars sound like guitars not like pods !

Justinschut

clipz or it didnt happen 8o

T-nuts

I agree..I keep mine around 5 or 6 when I had my 5150 II, but even then it wasn't enough gain..and if I switch it pass 6 it gets all fizzy and fuzzy. The amp is probably one of the most popular ones out there for metal, but for me..it just didn't sound good to my ears.

I play my 6505+ with the gain on 3 with a Duncan JB and its more then enough gain...
If you have it on 6 and its not satisfactory then something is wrong with you.

Dark Alone

Dude... it's one thing to have an opinion. It's another to say BB King isn't a musician. That's pretty fucking ignorant.

TREVA

Dude... it's one thing to have an opinion. It's another to say BB King isn't a musician. That's pretty fucking ignorant.

He's a musician,a musician who only plays 5 notes,to me it isn't a musician.
Dovers make more than 5 notes but they aren't musicians.

KFW

Just because you don't like him doesn't mean that he is a terrible guitar player, and not a musician.

TREVA

Just because you don't like him doesn't mean that he is a terrible guitar player, and not a musician.

My friend OBVIOUSLY if I don't like him to me he is a terrible player.
If I would like him then he shouldn't be a terrible player.

That's because I don't like him that he is terrible.
If I liked him ,he will be the king.

So do I have to erase my tastes and follow yours !!!

load more replies (1 of 1)
TREVA

a musician who only plays 5 notes for about 50 years isn't a musician,is a pentatonic vagabond.

TREVA

He only plays pentatonics and bends the same notes !
If it is a musician to both of you,sorry but I think almost every music teacher will disagree with that.
So let's stop studing and go play the same stuff everybody,no more metal,rock whatever.
Only blues,only pentatonics !
Yeah what a great musicians we will be !

espdood

If it is a musician to both of you,sorry but I think almost every music teacher will disagree with that.
So let's stop studing and go play the same stuff everybody,no more metal,rock whatever.
Only blues,only pentatonics !
Yeah what a great musicians we will be !

Metal soloing is pretty much based on blues. I'm sure BB King plays more than 5 notes. Treva, I can see where you're getting at with what you're trying to say..but to me, he is a blues MUSICIAN and he sells more records than you. He's not just a guitar player, he sings too. Aren't singers musicians too?

Gravy Tank

Nothing wrong with having style.

load more replies (1 of 1)
espdood

I like Korn, they're not crap in my opinion. I think they're great song writers and that's where the talent comes in. They don't do guitar solos and don't have intricate riffs, but their songs sound great to my ears. I like Korn, so if you're saying I'm brainless, I guess I am.

TREVA

yes they are musicians BUT to me terrible musicians.
I can't stand a person who plays the same stuff for about 50 years !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Come on dudes it's not about 2 years,it's about 50 years !!!!!!!!
How can a person doesn't want to learn something different !!??
A friend of mine said we have the whole alphabet so speaking with only 5 letters is retarded.
I can't stand it.
Even playing blues,B.B did nothing ,like I said there are hundreds of better blues players.
Come on americans you are from the land of blues,you should know there are better blues players!
No,hummmm ok let's chill out Lol

espdood

yes they are musicians BUT to me terrible musicians.
I can't stand a person who plays the same stuff for about 50 years !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Come on dudes it's not about 2 years,it's about 50 years !!!!!!!!
How can a person doesn't want to learn something different !!??
A friend of mine said we have the whole alphabet so speaking with only 5 letters is retarded.
I can't stand it.
Even playing blues,B.B did nothing ,like I said there are hundreds of better blues players.
Come on americans you are from the land of blues,you should know there are better blues players!
No,hummmm ok let's chill out Lol

What about Slayer? They haven't changed their style and soloing since the early 80's. They have not done anything different or drastically changed their style and they still rock out. Kerry and Jeff hasn't changed their soloing technique drastically as well. So you think Kerry and Jeff are terrible musicians for playing the same stuff for the past 25 years?

Dark Alone

Treva, in all seriousness, you need to lighten the fuck up.

TREVA

ok I will ..............
Done.
What now ?

TREVA

Yes I agree,That time he was great but he spent his life playing the same thing,he is frozen in time,just like malmsteen is.
At that time he could teach me something,NOW he shows me how vagabond some people can be.

downforlife

yeah 2 terrible players

Clips of you, the message board vagabond ?

espdood

Clips of you, the message board vagabond ?

Is downforlife calling out Treva to a youtube guitar duel?

TREVA

teenagers Lol

sp1ke

My 5150 has 10+ year old tubes and even then it's not fizzy or fuzzy. Just crunchy.

mine too!

KH Guitar Freak

:rollin

Post to Thread