high gain amps

Updated
CAPTAIN SARG
im looking for a high gain amp that isnt really expensive can you guys give me some suggestions. thanks sarg
apprentice

peavey 5150, 6150....engl fireball

T-nuts

peavey 5150, 6150....engl fireball

6505**

BrazilianBootyLover

The engl will sound better but the 5150 will have more headroom.

CAPTAIN SARG

The engl will sound better but the 5150 will have more headroom.

what do you mean by headroom??

load more replies (1 of 1)
Justinschut

yep, 5150 or Fireball...

ESPimperium

Save for a Powerball.

espdood

I'm looking for a high gain amp as well. I had a 5150II with a mesa 2x12 cab..and it didn't sound that great for some reason. I bought the head used so they could've messed with it..but when I played it at the store..it sounded fine..but when tweaking it at home..I couldn't get that sound that I wanted. I'm thinking of getting the Fireball..or just buying a new 6505 plus with a better cabinet.

daddydoomsday

Ampeg Vh140C. They're not made anymore but they can be found on ebay for about 400-500 bucks.

MikeC

Got my Ultra Plus head and a Peavey cab with celestions for like $450. I thought it was a hell of a deal!

Robotsatemygrandma

Shit... ENGL Thunder, ENGL Screamer, Peavey 5150, XXX, JSX. All of which you can get used for under $1000!

Justinschut

so your head would be louder ?

BrazilianBootyLover

5150s are good amps but i was never really happy with it.

Same here. I got a engl blackmore and I can't find a tone I don't like.

espdood

Oh man, was going for the peavey 6505 plus's..but I'm hearing a lot of great things about ENGL. This year and the last..they've just been hot.

CAPTAIN SARG

what do you guys think of the marshall jcm 2000 dsl???

load more replies (1 of 1)
Sixstringhotshot

I think there are heads just as good or better for less money.

ZephMan

Krank Revolution.

hermz

For high gain amps, the Peavey 5150 or 6505 is hard to beat for the money. They also sound a hell of a lot better with a good overdrive in front. Not very versatile amps though.

MikeC

5150 all the way!

esp_gaijin

im looking for a high gain amp that isnt really expensive can you guys give me some suggestions. thanks

sarg

it's LIne6 for you.

"ummm....... no already own it not high gain and isnt tube"

you didn't say tube in your initial question.

high gain and inexpensive and tube?

buy this: ________there's nothing here______

JeanPaul du Vinnie

high gain and inexpensive and tube?

buy this: ________there's nothing here______
:lol

Anyway. For starters: go second hand. I wouldn't know what else to advise you to get since everything that falls into your category has been mentioned already.

Post to Thread