• ZephMan

Need a Good mic

I need a good mic for when I start recording, it'll be a 4X12 and a 1X12. thx dudes

• ZephMan

Sweet thx raptor.

• DethWar

Yeah currently i just record with a direct line from my amp to pc but im going to be getting an sm-57 soon. A friend of mine went to full sail for recording and out of the mics he used, that was the only one under $1000 he suggested... and its usually around $50 on ebay. So i cant say from experience but reguardless thats my suggestion.

• lalosg

the sennheiser md 421 its also a very good mic for electric guitars, i got good recordings when i used it at school, i remember i used the 421 and a sm 57 when i recorded a technical death metal band, the guitarrist used a 5150 with a marshall cab, i ended using more the 421 on the mix than the 57, unfortunately i dont have those recordings anymore so you can hear them.

• Mr Pigwalk

A friend of mine went to full sail for recording and out of the mics he used, that was the only one under $1000 he suggested....

Are they making Full Sailers dumber and dumber every year? Please god tell me you added an extra zero.

• DethWar

Do you expect them to promote wal mart brand shit or what? Its an expensive ass recording school so they have mics there that retail anywhere from a hundred bucks to a few thousand. Have you fucked with some three thousand dollar mics? kus i havent so i really have no idea if the guy is dumb for liking one or not.

• B1ackD3at4

Do you expect them to promote wal mart brand shit or what?

Well I don't know about walmart brand mics, but there are plenty of good mics out there worth a lot less then $1000. And besides, if he suggested the sm-57, which goes for $100 new on musicians friend, along with a $1000 mics, then what does that say about the quality of that mic compared to ones worth more then 10 times more?

• ZephMan

Lol! $1000 for a piece of metal and a little cloth? fuck that, SM-57 here I come!

Cancel