New Bridge Pickup for My Horizon NT-II?

Updated
arsiscode
I've been thinking about replacing the JB that came stock in the bridge position. I am looking for more defined harmonics, a punchier attack, and a more focused "screaming" lead sound. I want to hear every note while having a lot of distortion going at the same time no matter how fast I play. I want a clean, precise and HUGE sound. I also would prefer not to go active. Any suggestions?
KFW

You might want to check out some Dimarzios as mentioned. They are the only passive pickup I have much experience with. I think the Super 3 would be a bit too dark for what you want. What I have is the Evo2, those pickups are great. I've heard too much about the regular Evo's being a bit too bright for a lot of rhythm stuff, but the Evo 2 is toned down a bit more so it's not as harsh but still remains clear and cuts through anything.

And I'm not sure of your reasons for not going active, but if it's just being of things you heard or some misconception, don't completely dismiss them until you try them. I prefer my 81 over the Evo2 for rhythm, it's got more weight to it and is still a clear pickup.

arsiscode

Thanks, I deffinitely look into the pickups all of you have mentioned!

JKD

:(

load more replies (5 of 5)
MikeC

Bill Lawrence?
Have one in my Dean and it's amazing. Alot like the Dimebucker. You can get them for like $40 new to.
If your interested then let me know and I'll get the link for you.

shakeESP

The Dimebucker is alright, but it's a bit too crunchy for my tastes. I have a set of Bare Knuckle Cold Sweats in my Horizon NT-II and they kick ass big time.

Robotsatemygrandma

If you want more options check in about getting a Japanese model exported to you, or getting a custom built.

Or you could always buy an Ibanez or Jackson...

hermz

You can't get Horizon FR-II's in the US? Didn't know that.

Post to Thread