Looking for a Poweramp

Updated
Nick31
I'm getting a Fractal Axe-Fx and I'll need a poweramp to go with it. I want a stereo poweramp not too loud so that I can run it pretty high, I have only one 1 stereo cab so I'll use the stereo option on that cab alone. Maybe the Mesa 20/20 could do the job but I haven't heard too much good things about it.
Deadpulse

^
if he's got an Axe FX, I don't think price is gunna be a huge factor. I'd definitely check out the 20/20, maybe even a VHT 2/50/2

clips when you get it dude.

Nick31

I think I'll buy a JBL to go with the Axe-Fx in the end

esp_gaijin

"Maybe the Mesa 20/20 could do the job but I haven't heard too much good things about it."

:confused::confused::confused:
where have you not heard good things about it?

i've never heard anything but good about it.

i got one used a while back, i love it to pieces.
i only use it when i wanna monkey around with my preamps (digitech 2112, boss gx700, roland gp100, mesa rec pre which i've since sold ) , so i can't say i use it that much now because i play thru a splawn and stiletto atm,

but i used to run a johnson millennium head thru it, and it was incredibly good sounding, i was in tone heaven at the time,
i only got rid of the millennium because they discontinued the product and i didn't want to remain dependent on the thing.

i've also heard only good things about vht power amps, however their price is INSANE imo.

phil

A friend of mine has a triaxis/2020 setup and its great. The 2020 is a nice little unit and pumps hard.

Nick31

I chose to go with a JBL to take advantage of cab and mic sims and a bunch of other stuff

Sixstringhotshot

What the hell do you need cab/mic sims on a power amp for when you have much better cab and mic sims in your AxeFX?

Post to Thread