Tube Amp Question

Updated
MikeC
Hey, I recently purchased my first tube amp as some of you may know. Theres a switch that says Half/Full and I wasnt sure if it ment half output like full would be 120 watts and half would be 60. Or does it mean like half stack or full stack. I didnt want to hit it and possibly blow out the speakers in my cab or something. I'm sorry if this is a stupid question, but its something I'd like to know.:p
hermz

Most likely half or full power, but it might help if you mention what amp you're talking about. Or read the manual :D

MikeC

Sorry, don't have the manual.

The amp is a Peavey Ultra Plus Head.

Robotsatemygrandma

Full would be 120 watts
Half would be 60 watts like you said. No it doesn't mean half/full stack.

What cabinet are you playing through? If it's a 4x12 it should handle it no problem. If it's smaller then a 4x12 then there could be trouble.

MikeC

i have a 4x12 with celestions. so you think this should work well?

LordCliffton

as long as the cab can handle at least 280 watts(4 vin30s territory) and you set the amp at the proper impedance there should be no problem.

120 watts is typically an RMS rating with peavey amps and should actually put out somewhat more than that during stronger notes. so double the wattage handling capacity for the cab is always a safe & sage bet.

peace

Post to Thread