Please help!

Updated
lalosg
hi, i usually come to the board to read and learn the most i can, but now i have a problem with my amp, i have a 6505+, today when i was about to start practice with my friends, i turned on the power switch, everything was ok, but when i turned on the stand by switch, i smelled something burning i took a look at the tubes and they looked like the normal orange but around them was a blue color, i got scared i thought the amp was on fire, well maybe it was :p i didnt turned the amp on again at my friends house, i brought it to my house and try it again and the same thing happened. just want to know if this had ever happened to one of you guys, i appreciate any thoughts. Saludos desde Monterrey Mexico :D
Yo Daddy

Hey man! Welcome!

Swap them tubes out. This hasn't happened to me before but if I saw my tubes fryin' like that, I'd have to buy new ones anyways.

Sorry it's not much help but good luck in finding out what happened.

lalosg

thanks, ill try that, ill buy new tubes as soon as i get a chance to go to texas, any suggestion about what tubes to buy? or should i use the same brand, i love the sound of my amp, its nothing like ive ever heard around here, but i know it could get better, thanks again.

load more replies (1 of 1)
Yo Daddy

If you like what you got, why change?

There are several fellas around here that are real tube geeks and know wtf they're talking about. Hopefully one of 'em could pipe in? I'll have to check what Jaffis put in the 5150 II that he sold me. Chevy knows his shit too so maybe he can help.

guitarsatbmusic

You may want to get a tech to check it out first before blowing coin on new tubes to fry them too. Screen grid resistors take the load when a tube fails but can also fail themselves whilst doing so. Replacing the tube will just result in another fried tube and no protection from the failed screen grid resistor. Having a failed SGR is like having no tune in the socket at all basically.

P.S. Disclaimer: Amplifiers carry lethal votages (that means they can kill), plugged in or not. If you are not proficient in electronics servicing and safety do NOT attempt to poke around inside your amp.

load more replies (1 of 1)
Post to Thread