100w tube amps

Updated
Json
Hi! First-time-poster here! This might be a stupid question, but bare with me, I'm a tube-noob :\ I've had the same 30w transistor amp during my 9 years of guitar playing. I was just wondering how loud a 100w tube amp with a 4X12 is. Can you comfortably sit next to it in your bedroom and jam all by yourself? Or will your ears start bleeding? The reason I'm asking is because I haven't had a chance to try one, the nearest music-store is 300 kilometres from where I live, and I really want a great amp that I can use when I'm giggin' with my band. It would be great If you could recommend me an amp, max. around 1200 dollars. Thanks in advance!
Brono

Can you comfortably sit next to it in your bedroom and jam all by yourself?
no, if thats your main use 100watts is overkill, probly even 50watts.

laney are great amps round that price, ive just orderd a GH50L . But im not sure how they are priced in the states, (assuming thats where you are)

Json

no, if thats your main use 100watts is overkill, probly even 50watts.

laney are great amps round that price, ive just orderd a GH50L . But im not sure how they are priced in the states, (assuming thats where you are)

Really.. I'll probably just focus on buying a podxt or something then ;)

Sweden is where I am :cool:

Thanks for your reply!

Deadpulse

My Powerball is 120 watts and it sounds reall good at lower volumes.

Remember that generally watts isn't to measure volume (cause it is), but more of talking about headroom

hermz

My Powerball is 120 watts and it sounds reall good at lower volumes.
The fuck?

Sure it's not 100w? :lol

load more replies (1 of 1)
marcy_marc2008

ofcourse you can sit next to it in your room dude. i have 2 120w amps and i can have them on comfertabley in my room. i supose it depends on the size of your room. obviously you wont get the full potential of the amp at a low volume but you could still use the amp in your room.

Brono

of-course they can sound good at lower volumes, but you wouldn't recommend someone who is going to primarily use it for the bedroom a 100-watt half-stack :rolleyes:

Yo Daddy

Hahaha...LRJ strikes again!

I like my el Diablos for the fact I can switch between 50W and 100W.

Post to Thread