Randall G3

Updated
JeanPaul du Vinnie
Hi guys, just curious about this amp. I'm not going to buy it anytime soon but there's a shop in my city that carries it for €630. I didn't ask the salesman if he could plug it in since it was on the bottom of a couple of heads far away from the closest cabinet and I'm not going to buy it anyway, so my question is: how is it? Any good? Rubbish? Is it your typical SS Randall tone or does it have something extra?
JeanPaul du Vinnie

Come on, people!

Sixstringhotshot

That first video has a GMajor in the loop. Be aware that it has an EQ section and can dramatically alter the tone. I think the 2nd video is pretty accurate.

Bridge The Void

If you get it for gigging, get the 300W version. The 150W really struggles to cope with band-level volumes.

twistedblack69

What would you say is "band levels"?? As in...doing pub gigs?? Or 3-400 stages??

MV-CTM

u are missing the point im not talking bass level but seperation and definition, its nowere near as good as a tube amp were the bass is really responsive and punchy and well definedwtf tube amps are you playing? I've never played a VHT or ENGL but I've never played an amp tighter than my randall.

MV-CTM

yeah it's pretty easy to get more headroom out of a tube amp lol, but that's not why I like my randall haha, it sound fucking brutal at non-ear-bleeding levels, lol

that being said, the V2 is the best fucking amp I've ever played, even better than the framus dragon imo. Although I judge amps by how tight they are and the flat sounding kinda "punch" in the face they give...the framus dragon is kinda like the randall of the tube amp world I guess...lol I dunno *shrugs* sound fucking awesome though.

metalhobo

It's a hybrid. Not 100% SS. One 12AT7 in the preamp.

metalhobo

my bad, you're right.

Post to Thread