MT-2 Metal Zone

Updated
Fade To Black 1985
How do you feel about this pedal... I've been using it for several months now and in my opinion it's not great! It's not adding anything for me... I use a Marshall JCM900 and the sounds is not getting any 'thicker/crunchier' :\ Anyone knows some other (read: better) alternatives?
Fade To Black 1985

The MXR ZW-44 sounds really great at the Dunlop-site! And looks :eek:

The Sloth

I like the metal zone...its good for getting extreme/nasty sounds, good backup incase you are in a situation with a shit amp and great when used as a boost.

Other good distortion pedals: EH Metal Muff, RAT.

ShreddyMcFunTits

DS-1 ftw

Robotsatemygrandma

yOu nEEdZ tEh BOOgiE MaRK IV slAvED 2 tEh MARshAll JCM800.

Go with an overdrive pedal. I've tried using the MT-2 as a boost but it seemed to drag my tone down.

JeanPaul du Vinnie

yOu nEEdZ tEh BOOgiE MaRK IV slAvED 2 tEh MARshAll JCM800.

:lol

Only 28 posts and he already knows the ways of the board.

load more replies (2 of 2)
Metlupass2

I used to use one all the time years ago before I got into Line 6 amps.

Sixstringhotshot

LordCliffton is absolutely right. You n00bs just don't know how to use it.

LordCliffton

trust me, i didn't mean that in a totally condescending way.. but since i've had the thing for over a decade & have used it constantly since about a couple years back.. i think that qualifies me as an experienced user vs the average guy that has had it for about 2 weeks or thereabouts.

agreed?

All I'm saying is it takes some finesse to make the brutality enjoyable.

peace

Metfuk

LordCliffton is absolutely right. You n00bs just don't know how to use it.

Fair enough. But it shouldn't be MY problem that it is so hard to adjust properly.
I want my shit to allow me to dial in tones quickly.
That said: I still don't like the tone. It's like people saying they don't like Marshall and we all respect that too.

load more replies (1 of 1)
Spoonboy

I use a TS808... does wonders for the tone. Adds a bit more crunch and tightens things up for me.

mushman

The Metal Zone has never and will never be a good pedal.I remember my other guitarist bought one in the early 90's and the rest of the guys in the band thought it sucked,and soon enough we all agreed it was a P.O.S..
I guess if you love over saturated distortion you can find a use for it,but otherwise it's as good as paper weight.
Get a tube screamer as stated before.

DethWar

Its a very good practice pedal. Ive played around with them a bit and would suggest it to any newer players with small amps. The only problem is it doesnt really cut through at high volumes so if your using it with other instruments its just gonna sound like a buzzsaw.

Post to Thread