NEED advise for pedals

Updated
ESPNAZI
MY CURRENT RIG IS A A M-200FM WITH H4'S A CRATE BLUE VOODOO 6212 AND A DIGIDELAY I USE TO HAVE A GNX3 BUT I SOLD IT SO NOW I NEED A DISTORTION PEDAL AND COMPRESSOR WHICH ONES SHOULD I GET, MY AMP HAS SOME PRETTY GOOD GAIN SO I DONT I NEED A A HIGH GAIN PEDAL ANY OTHER RECOMMENDATIONS FOR MY RIG ARE ALSO WELCOMED. :rollin:rollin PLEASE HELP
rockinhockey

Tubescreamer.

FEUERFREI666

Sup,
I'm thinking about getting this V-500. I also had the Gibson Flying V Faded 3 pickup in mind, but I like mostly thrash metal.

Any advice?

Thanks

load more replies (6 of 6)
Metal Mortician

BBE Sonic Maximizer Pedal. It's $100 new, and really opens up your amp. Adding extra distortion to an amp can be either hit or miss, depending on how you percieve your current tone. It's been my experience that some pedals can make a perfectly good amp sound really cheap.

ESPNAZI

well i have a pretty good tone right now but would like some extra gain bacause to get a tone that is kinda close to what i want i have to dial the gain all the way up and use the boost in my amp. maybe im just addicted to high quantities of gain.:rollin

ESPimperium

Boss OD-3 may be what youre after, also look into putting a EQ in the effects loop as well.

Another thing you can try is get a good compressor and put it in the loop of your amp as well, they can do just as well in the loop as a EQ.

ESPNAZI

the local technician sells modified boss od pedals they supposedly sound like a vox or a jcm 800,900, or 2000 there like 65 $ i think ill just get one of those and a isp decimator which he sells in mint condition like for 90.

Billybobtexas

MXR Super Comp is awesome... I noticed that the BBE Sonic Maximizer Pedal can really add sparkle to distortion, like prescence... good pedal... hopefully they let you try them and if they dont do what you need you can take them back... pedals can be hit or miss... the comp can add hiss or make it sound better, just depends.

I would save my money and get good pedals, new ones also, unless you can get in there and clean the pots... and such. Dirty pedals kill tone I hate them!!!

Post to Thread