Good wireless with pedal reciever?

Updated
Deadpulse
With the way my rig works, I really want a wireless system with a pedal receiver so I can run my TU-2 through the front of my amp without having to run a shit load of cables back and forth from the amp. I have the Samson Airline system and I absolutely hate it. It's consistently clipping unless I hit the -15db switch but then it sucks so much tone to a point where I don't even wanna use it. Also, unless I'm muting everything with the TU-2 I get a crazy popping noise when I turn the volume knob down. Anyone know of a good wireless system that doesn't fuck around with a pedal receiver?
Kride

I get a crazy popping noise when I turn the volume knob down.

From your guitar? You have a scratchy volume pot. Change it.

Can't help with the wireless question tho :|

Deadpulse

No it's not the pots. I can turn the volume up/down without any scratchy-ness. It's when I turn the volume down on my guitar to talk to someone, then very speratically it will just make a huge popping noise.

Thanks for the X2 recommendation, but I'm looking for a pedal style receiver so I can put it right beside my TU-2, and then run a cable from there to the front of my amp, rather than go from my rack wireless, then to my TU-2 and back.

chevy Z 302

it is a pedal reciever, he posted the rack version;)

load more replies (1 of 1)
Deadpulse

k so after doing a bit of reading, it looks pretty badass. But then again, so did the Samson Airline system and it turned out to be garbage.

Is this thing actually on par with a decent Shure product or should I just save up and get a PGX unit a Sennheiser system? I don't mind paying a bit for a good one, but it's got to be worth it and not suck so much tone that I have to re-EQ my amp for a "wireless setting"

andrei

hello everybody,

i'll just start shooting right away.

i know that:
the cabinet(s) should have the same impedance as the amp.
if the impedance of the cabs is greater, it is still safe, but there will be a decrease in volume;
if the impedance of the cabs is less, there will be an increase of volume and the amp will overheat.

Q1: for an amp that provides 75 W at 4 Ohm, how "big" will be the volume loss if i use a 150 W at 8 Ohm cabinet, instead of one at 4 Ohm?

(i'm getting a spider3 hd75 and am planning to build a 2x12 for it - haven't decided if it's gonna be 150w/8 ohm or 150w/4ohm)

(let's not get stuck on why i don't buy a better amp... it's gonna be the spider and a home made 2x12)

2. what does "speaker outs - class 2 wiring" mean, is it "paralell wiring"?

if an amp with output at 4ohm, is connected to a cab, also at 4ohm and either the speaker or the amp have paralel outs, then, if another speaker / mixer / amp is connected to one of the paralell outs (using the amp to power the monitor and also as a direct out), then the overall resistance will decrease (below the recomanded 4ohm).

Q3: how risky is that?

(that is why i think about if my cab should rather be at 8 ohm (and worry about the volume decrease, cose 75w isn't that much) and also hope that "calss 2 wiring" means "paralell wiring")

4. can a rewerb spring be (simply) removed from an amp, if i'm not planning to use rewerb / can it be replaced withe another resistor (what value)?

thanks for the patience to read it all and i hope someone may bring some light into this;
i know the theory but need advice from someone who has practical experience with this kind of issues.

cheers,

andrei.

load more replies (3 of 3)
Deadpulse

cool, I'll take a look

man, some of the pics on HRI makes me so wet

chevy Z 302

to say the least, yes me too.

some of the rigs and such over there are just beyond amazing, well beyond the general 'gear' in the rig.

Deadpulse

Yeah the ass I bought it off said "just adjust the squelch knob" but that didn't do jack shit.

I think the unit just sucks. I tried my buddy's older Shure unit that was top of the line at the time, and that one kicks ass. So I am a believer that there are good units out there, but they're not gunna be cheap.

I really don't wanna be turned off wireless yet cause they're so fucking awesome on stage. I'll never go back

chevy Z 302

SSHS, i picked up a lyric hg the other day:D

did you buy a x2 yet? How is it if you did?

also, are you getting the siren II or siren? I was reading over at hri and someone mentioned not liking the sirenII with higher gain applications but i didnt see anything further. Just wondering.

wilas101

I'm hunting for my next guitar.

I currently own a viper-50 which I have no real complaints about other than the neck is too small for my preference. Besides the viper I have an old guitar that was put together using a warmoth body and neck. I have no idea what model neck or anything... the only thing I know is that its a 45mm width at the nut and I like the way it feels.

This leads me to the will adler sigs. I see they are made with a 45mm nut width so I was hoping to find someone here who owns one that could answer some questions for me.

Primarily, how much bigger does it feel than a 43mm neck?

Is it thin and wide or does it feel like you're fretting on a 2x4?

I'm sure there will be more questions to follow but we can start there. :)

load more replies (4 of 4)
Sixstringhotshot

I haven't bought it yet. I didn't even realize the Siren I was still in production. Keep in mind their high gain is "woman tone", and their complaint was that the cable was too bright. Serves them right for using that gay-ass tone....it's all the rage lately, and it's totally dull and attack-less.

chevy Z 302

yea i generally take anything high gain related there with a big ol spoonfull of salt. samhill is the first i've heard/seen to demonstrate high gain with any CAE product. Makes me want to try that out.

I guess i'll snag a siren II one of these days, after i figure out how much i'll need. If im running a rack i assume i'll need a bit longer than 3ft (which i have a 3ft speakercable now) and if im using head+rack then i can keep a 3fter.

I figure im getting an x2 rack or floor one of these days and im definitly getting a ea cable for it, i hope they start making them standard production. I bet its a bitch soldering in that tiny connection.

tony A.

I think the unit just sucks. I tried my buddy's older Shure unit that was top of the line at the time, and that one kicks ass naked. So I am a believer that there are good units out there, but they're not gunna be cheap.

Post to Thread