Recommended Starter Amps and Effects

Updated
Angel Of Death181
Im kinda a noob to guitars, i dont have an amp so and i like metal, what would be a good starter amp for metal and what about a good starter effects pedal, box, wah, whatever. any suggestions?
coyote

Take a look at line 6. Lots of effects built into the amp.

The Sloth

Im a fan of Marshall amps, they sound less fizzy than Line6 stuff and seem to sound better with pedals...As for distortion if the amp doesnt cut it on its own then a Metal Zone is a good pedal to have. I always use it as a backup if im going to a jam and there's a possibility i'll be playing through a shit amp. It works really well as a boost pedal too. The RAT is also a good pedal, it sounds a bit thicker but has less gain (think Entombed).

rockinhockey

roland micro cubes are great starter amps and also just great practice amps. that would be my reccomendation.

MikeC

if your on a budget then id deffinatly say the Line 6 Spider 3 on account of all the effects being build in. it will save you from having to buy a bunch of pedals.

ESPimperium

Amps:
Roland: Cube 30, MicroCube
Line 6: Spider II or III 30W 1X12
Vox: AD30VT, AD30VT-XL
Peavey: ValveKing 1X12 50W

Effects:
Boss: SD-1, GE-7, OD-3, CE-5, NS-2, TU-2, DD-3
Digitech: Expression Factory, Distortion Factory, Chorus Factory
Dunlop Wahs are pretty nice
Morley Wahs are nice as well
A Ibanez TS9 is pricy but awsome

Personally a awsome small rig, with good quality would be this:

Guitar > TU-2 > NS-2 > Origional Crybaby > SD-1 > Amp Pre > (FX Loop: CE-5 > GE-7 > DD-3) > Amp Power Amp - The amp being the Peavey Valve King

ESPimperium

I was sugesting a killer, but good cheap rig there, altho a guitar and amp is the simplest way to go i aggree.

TheDevilHimself

I would strongly recommend you test the new Line6 III spiders. They impressed me a lot and sound way better than my Microcube.

Bridge The Void

I also heartily reccomend the Roland Cubes. Not only are the amp models and effects sick, but the acoustic sim is also sick!

MikeC

Amps: Randall or Line 6 seem to be the best bang for the buck.

Effects with the randall: CE-5, ZW OD and Bad Horsie Wah should be good for a start. after that check some things out and see what you think sounds good with that. the ranall shouldnt need any extra distortion, thats why i didnt suggest it.

Effects with the Line6: i dont think you'll need any to start off.

ShreddyMcFunTits

Spider III for a one stop shop.

Post to Thread