VinnySem

Need a replacement Schaller LFR for early 90's Maverick Deluxe

Updated
Hey everyone, I need a replacement tremolo for my Maverick Deluxe circa 1993ish. A friend had a Schaller "clone" that did not quite fit; the cutout is kind of tight and the block was hitting the body in one spot, and the...
MORE »
stonedmental

N00b question changing strings FR bridge

Updated
Hey, Sorry for being ignorant but; I got a LTD MH1000 and it has the floyd rose bridge type. It's time to change the strings and I have heard lots of people saying not to do it or I will mess things up. If I used the...
MORE »
Beaten Beyond

Techies....how much neck relief do you like?

Updated
I have read books by Dan Erlewine and so forth that have mentioned setting up guitars with zero relief (straight neck) or maybe .002" of relief. I've owned several guitars (well over 25) and I always seem to dial it in at...
MORE »
moosemeister

Guitar seems to have no tone

Updated
Once again, my brother is having issues with his Dean (go figure haha). Well to try and explain the situation, if he plugs it in all the way, the guitar has little tone. If he plugs it in 3/4s of the way in, it sounds...
MORE »
AnubisUnbound

Seemingly Dead String?

Updated
So, I have been having this issue for a long time. I have a Jackson SL2H with a floyd, and the low E string seems to always have a "dead" sound to it. No matter how many new strings I put on, it always has less attack and...
MORE »
seefingersrun

Wire question

Updated
So today I traded in my Eclipse 1 for a full thickness eclipse. First thing I always do when getting a guitar with active pickups is change the battery for a proper 9v (Duracell). I noticed this black wire coming from the...
MORE »
xZYRYABx

Loose Inlays

Updated
One of the flag inlays on my eclipse is coming loose!!! Its just the bottom end....how can I repair it?...
MORE »
Tsmith541

EMG installation question

Updated
Hey, I'm a new member here, not sure if this question has been touched upon yet. I'm looking to either get the EX-260 or an Epiphone 58' Explorer. (mmm... gold) Main reason I love Explorers is because of the shape. And...
MORE »
mikeweb

Bridge pickup knob 1st, Neck pickup knob 2nd?

Updated
Just wondering why my EC-1000 has the bridge pickup knob in the 1st position while the neck pickup is in the middle One would think that it would be the other way around. Has anyone reversed these knob locations?...
MORE »
Tsmith541

EMG Afterburner???

Updated
Anyone know how hard of how much it would be to get someone to install an EMG afterburner into a EX-400DB wit the 81/60 setup? I just got some cash for my birthday and am wondering how much it would be. Thanks! -Tsmith541...
MORE »
ESPANDY16

emg pickup install help?

Updated
Hey guys i was hoping you all could help me :) I want to install an Emg 81 in my alexi-200 guitar and i have no knowledge of how to do this. I was going to have it done at the guitar store where im buying the pickup but...
MORE »
Metahead

LFR problem

Updated
yes i know, join the crowd. LFR problems. I have a problem with the floyd holding the strings. i put them in, clamp them down tightly in the saddles, and sometimes when bending, they will come loose. the string doesnt...
MORE »
Leth

Kahler 2315's questions

Updated
So I've just brought a Hanneman which sould arrive in a week or so will post pics when it arrives. Its on 07 Custom Shop model with the Eagle and dot inlays. Having never used a Kahler trem before I have a few...
MORE »
Disasterpiece

Am I Doing Something wrong with the string? [help]

Updated
I have an LTD EC-1000 VB, factory locking tuners. Had it set up, and everything was fine. Then I had to change my low E string because the tech guy at guitar center put so little slack on it that it like stripped. ...
MORE »
Deadpulse

Pickup volume woes

Updated
My neck pickup is working fine, but my bridge pickup sounds like I have the knob rolled down when it's on full. suggestions?...
MORE »