sixstringmind

wiring diagram needs checking over and maybe some input

Updated
check out this wiring diagram. the blue wires are for the optional boost on the blackout metal. the orange wires are just ground wires. no tone knob the thing to ponder is the different voltages. oh and im not actually going...
MORE »
sixstringmind

pickups

Updated
i have a f-500 with the emg 81/85 combo and i want to switch out the 81 for a blackout metal ahb-2 but, with the 85 in the neck i never used it because i always found it sounded muddy even when it was clean, i was thinking of...
MORE »
Metahead

Floyd nut screws stripped

Updated
not the heads, the wood. ill tighten them, and after it gets so tight, it strips out and is very loose all of a sudden. how do i fix this? do i fill the hole with something that will harden up and redrill?...
MORE »
Tsmith541

Is it possible?

Updated
Hey everyone, I was wondering: is it possible to take the neck off a 22 fret bolt on, and place a 24 fret neck on instead? Would there be any problems? Thanks -Tsmith541...
MORE »
Sutekh

7 string scale length

Updated
Why is the general consensus that baritone scales are better for 7 strings? Is it because it allows you to reach a decent amount of tension with thinner strings, reducing muddiness (with higher tension) and easing playability...
MORE »
FugitiveMind1990

painting over emg's....

Updated
i know this is an old topic, & i do know that theyre on the market again, but what type of paint/decal/whatever would be good to do this. ty...
MORE »
Yetti1

cable configureing help - setup gmajor & decimator

Updated
Hey guys, I'm in another noon situation. I've gotta roadster head, and a decimator pro rack g - no stereo. And just picked up a gmajor! I'm super excited to get it up and running, well ive spent the last hour trying to...
MORE »
breakfastcrew

toggle switch question

Updated
What do they mean by on on on switch and on off on switch? what is the difference?...
MORE »
Sutekh

7 string tension question

Updated
Would it be harmful to my guitar to use 10-52 +70 gauge strings in standard Bflat 7 string tuning (down half a step) on a 25.5" scale guitar? The Neck is maple. Thanks, :p...
MORE »
nabeel

Pits in back of neck

Updated
My KH2... I just noticed these... when you run your hand down the neck, you can feel little pits, along the grain, not shallow, but noticeable...anything to get checked out? Not sure if they were there previously, but I just...
MORE »
nabeel

Tuning with the metal ball in the tuner..

Updated
I just read this months "So What!?" - the Metallica fan club mag. Anyway, they asked Kirk's guitar tech his method of tuning, and he suggested looping the metal ball end through the tuner, then cutting the string short and...
MORE »
mmonti

Awesome Freakin Scratches@!$%@#$@

Updated
So it was bound to happen, and it did, I finally scratched it, my KH-603 has 2 sweet scratches on the back of the neck near the headstock, I was changin strings yesterday and had another guitar sitting next to me on the left,...
MORE »
Newfs

Eclipse II swapping Gotoh Magnums for Schaller Locking

Updated
I been a little frustrated with my Gotoh Magnums. Not only did it take me a few hours to just learn how to use them, I find they dont hold tune after any bending on the higher strings.... Has anyone had any success swapping...
MORE »
xcorporate

Horizon Fret lifting

Updated
This is the second fret, top and bottom are both lifting this way. I was told by a local tech that it was probably caused by having it hang on an exterior wall with extreme temp changes. I'm thinking about ordering a vault...
MORE »
mnn

tunning problems

Updated
Hi everybody got a problem with my ec-1000. The g string never stays in tune and when it is in tune it sounds flat on some frets . I was wondering if anybody knows what the problem can be thanks...
MORE »