EMG 81 Sounds Weak

EMG 81 Sounds Weak

Updated
So I was playing my ESP KH-WZ which now I've had for 2 months which was brand new and I have Ernie Ball .11-.48 on it with a string action of (bass side) 5/64 and (treble) 4/64.  2 weeks ago, I started having problems with...
MORE »
Loose stoptail thread dowels

Loose stoptail thread dowels

Updated
So I recently picked up and old LTD V200, after I got it I did my typical clean up, string change, and setup. When I changed the strings I noticed that the thread dowels for the stoptail had pulled up a bit. So I pushed them...
MORE »
Swap Tone for Afterburner?

Swap Tone for Afterburner?

Updated
Like the title says, I wanna swap out the tone knob on my VB-400 for an EMG Afterburner. Is it just that easy? Unplug and remove the tone and pop in and hook up the afterburner? I have no use for the tone knob and I really...
MORE »
LTD bass mods

LTD bass mods

Updated
So, I have a LTD B-5E which I modded with a set of Seymour Duncan Phase II pups. I know that doing a 18V mod will result in more headroom. Has anyone tried that on the stock preamp? Is it possible?...
MORE »
Chakalot

Tone deteriorating

Updated
I have a EX-351d that I've had since 2003 and it's played like a dream, even with the stock EMG-HZ pickups. A few weeks ago I got back home from college and played it, but it sounded really muddy..kind of like how a really...
MORE »
Metahead

switch problems

Updated
i have been having switch problems. very often i have decresed volume and gain on my mh 301. it seems to be fixed by shaking/jiggling the switch. i am thinking about getting a new one. does this sound like it would fix the...
MORE »
Help me play with my nuts.

Help me play with my nuts.

Updated
Okay, NGD. It is super awesome, but something is bugging me. On the A string, if I pick it open, picking upwards instead of down, there is some buzz. If I downpick it sounds fine. The string is definitely NOT hitting...
MORE »
kebsis

installing a floyd rose on an ex-400BD?

Updated
Hi. I have a 400BD that I got several years ago, and has fallen out of use a bit since I got my eclipse-II. I've gotten the idea into my head recently that I might install a floyd-rose in it, as the only guitar I currently...
MORE »
.:st.anger:.

thick bridge sound

Updated
I have a dual EMG-81 setup with 2 volume controls (one for each pickup) and a 3-way toggle switch. When using the bridge pickup - the sound is so thick and the low-end is really eating away at the mids/highs creating a...
MORE »
abdolayefanir

Neck problems?

Updated
Hey all,

I've been bringing my LTD Deluxe EC-1000T around alot on my travels and when I played it during band practice, the necks feels weird and harder to play on especially higher past the 12th fret. I googled, did...
MORE »
How to drop tune an esp ltd mh-53 floyd rose?

How to drop tune an esp ltd mh-53 floyd rose?

Updated
My guitar doesnt stay in drop tunes :/... When i tried to drop tune it to d standard the floyd rose started leaning to the back of the guitar. This prevents me from playing songs from my faverit bands. Bechause i need a drop...
MORE »
wottzeu

faceliftgymhelp.com/muscle-force-max-ultra-review/

Updated
There are two approaches than you're, to seem more muscular. The very first strategy is always to focus on howmuch you weigh, and regulate howmuch you are currently consuming. Developing weight will help pad your body with...
MORE »
Nut Slot Depth

Nut Slot Depth

Updated
Could someone with an ESP or LTD Guitar with a bone or plastic nut please tell me what the factory specs are for NUT ACTION!! Even just for the Low E and High E. Like low E .020" high E .018".  Or even in 64th's. Thank You So...
MORE »
Adrian B.

FAKE HORIZON ???

Updated
Hey You Guys,  I want to buy this 2nd hand Horizon, but I'm not sure about the crooked serial number on the back of the headstock... It has really uneven spaces between the numbers :/ hmmmm Can anyone help with some wisdom...
MORE »
EMG Tone pot into Volume...

EMG Tone pot into Volume...

Updated
Hi guys, I have a solderless EMG kit on my EX, its a tone/vol config but I want 2 independent volumes. Is it possible in any way to use the tone pot as volume? I contacted EMG and they said no, because of the capacitor. But I...
MORE »