How to kill a push-pull pot

How to kill a push-pull pot

Updated
In short, solder your grounds to it with a pitiful cheap iron, where you heat the casing too long and burn the little sucker to death. Here's my story, I recently wired my M-II so my two humbuckers could be tapped via the...
MORE »
Annia

Floyd rose question?

Updated
Will an ofr fit in a 1997 Ibanez RG270DX? Please let me know and thanks!...
MORE »
Sinclair Help Wanted

Sinclair Help Wanted

Updated
Hey all, There's been enough mentions of Sinclair (Synclair?) bridges in recent threads to where I can't take the itch anymore, I really want to get mine feeling right. So here's where I'm at, my whole problem is...
MORE »
Kahler 2315 fine tuner won't go in

Kahler 2315 fine tuner won't go in

Updated
So I just got a new guitar in today with a Kahler 2315, and I noticed the fine tuner for the 3rd string (G, in standard tuning) doesn't seem to want to go in. It just barely hangs on to the bridge, I can't actually tune with...
MORE »
DIY'ers Get In Here!!!  ...

DIY'ers Get In Here!!! ...

Updated
I'm going to make my FRS non floating and I want to do it without buying a tremolno. Has anyone else done this? I was thinking of using a piece of metal screwed to the trem block then hooking it to the trem claw or maybe...
MORE »
ammar

Reiwiring a Guitar

Updated
Hey Guys, So i decided that I would like to completely re-wire my Epiphone Les Paul. It is a gift and has a sentimental value to it, so replacing the guitar is out of the question...I am keeping it. Now that I have had...
MORE »
Floyd help in the pittsburgh area?

Floyd help in the pittsburgh area?

Updated
Hey guys, I was wondering if theres anybody in the pgh area thats good with Floyd. Im currently in the US Army and we dont have a shop around the Fort. Just got a MII and I'm looking to learn a little on setting up the Floyd....
MORE »
Looking for opinions: locking tuners and ball ends

Looking for opinions: locking tuners and ball ends

Updated
Ever since the 80's I've always left the balls on the ends with my Floyd (or Edge) equipped guitars. I found it makes less winds necessary on the pegs, and lends itself to better stability when locking and unlocking the...
MORE »
ammar

Amps fromn the USA with 120 V

Updated
Can they operate in 240 V countries? and how?? I see crazy cheap deals on ebay, although the shipping cost is stupid, sometimes I wish I can snatch a tiny head from the US because of their cheap prices (compared to...
MORE »
Moving my vol. to tone pos.

Moving my vol. to tone pos.

Updated
So I'm tired of the vol. always feeling like it's in the way and decided to move it to the tone position, what do you do with the tone? If you un-solder it does the tone of the guitar become neutral? So how do I remove it...
MORE »
Heavy String Gauges

Heavy String Gauges

Updated
Why is it so hard to find heavy gauges? MF & the like all have Elixers in light, extra light, and medium. Shit the heaviest they have (medium) is 10-46, WTF! I'm forced to go with some DR brand DDT strings:mad: Hopefully...
MORE »
Justinschut

Installing a Dimarzio X2N in my LTD

Updated
So, I've never really experimented much with different pickups.. I have active EMG's in my gigging/recording guitars and the EMG HZ's in my LTD (which I play at home and is therefor my most used guitar) have served me well...
MORE »
sprigs

LTD EC 1000 neck help

Updated
Hi the EC 1000 I have didn't have its truss rod adjusted, it was loose and poking out of the truss rod cavity, I pushed it back in and gave it a few turns so that it was tightened up. Should the neck be flat, bowed or back...
MORE »
Digiadaamore

Floyd rose install question

Updated
Hey guys, if your replacing a floyd special with an ofr, will the original floyd knife edge studs screw into the sleeves already in the guitar or do you have to pull the special sleeves and replace them with the ofr sleeves....
MORE »
Rydock

Why is my G string buzzing?

Updated
The G string on my ESP Forest GT has buzzes when played open or when fretted from 1st to the 12th fret. The buzz doesn't sustain. It kind of just happens right when you hit the string, then goes away after about half a second...
MORE »