LTD Snakebite pick up cutting out.

Updated
Piotr M.

I recently started playing my LTD Snakebite more using my headphones and noticed that my bridge pick up is cutting out when playing fast alternate picking, usually on the low E or A, doesn't matter if it's muted or unmuted.  The neck pick up is fine, and my other guitar sounds fine when using same gear. It seems to be only the bridge pick up.  I think it might be a dodgy solder connection on the volume pot of that pick-up, but how can I troubleshoot it to make sure that's it before making a repair?

Pushead

Solder joints are the likely cause. The EMG setup may be solderless, so you can make sure all of those connections are good, but it's likely at the switch. In my experience, I've just been able to reheat and cool the connections on the switch and be back in business. YMMV.

Piotr M.

Local Guitar Center replaced the pu, since it was under warranty.  Been fine ever since.

Christopher  Perry

Funny I’ve just started having this problem. That’s when I got the idea to shake things up a bit. Looking for resources to gather the specs for wiring kit. Gonna pull all the active stuff out and refit with some Bareknuckles. 

Piotr M.

Local Guitar Center replaced the pu, since it was under warranty.  Been fine ever since.

Post to Thread