Quality control problems with Ltd Snakebyte

Updated
George A.

Hello Esp 

Got the Ltd snakebyte a week ago and to be truthful i was fearful of the last year's complaints about quality control on these. 

My snakebyte had terrible fretwork problems and the cherry on top was the fact that they are going to be available again on February.

Anyway i just wanted to ask if you are going to change something referring to their quality control as it seems that the problems started appearing when you moved the guitar to indonesia plus you guys bumped the price quite a lot but whatever. 

I just wanna know if you are going to do anything about the issues because it is clearly not an isolated incident. 

Alex P.

Hi there did you get your snakebyte fixed, I have also, beginning to wish I never bought it.

George A.

No i didnt fix it bc it was unfixable. Terrible quality to be truthful. I just sent it straight back. Never again do i buy indonesia made guitars. I just bought a way superior guitar. Shecter E-1 FRs. For 225 euros less (i am european) i bought a way better looking guitar, with 24 frets , stainless steel btw, with a 1500 floyd inside (basically a better 1000 with titanium parts), made in south korea in the world musical instruments factory which is the best factory for guitars that exist and no i am not exaggerating. The guitar has no fcking flaw at all and i was surprised. The guitar has even more great touches such as a satin neck (not gloss like the other surfaces of the guitar so you can play faster) and very beautiful mother of pearl blocks as fret markers that are really beautiful to be truthful. ESP is pricing this instrument way higher than it should be even if it had no flaws at all.

If you dig the e shape look but not the gibson explorer , dude, just look at this thing (https://www.thomann.de/gr/schecter_e_1_fr_s_special_edition_tpb.htm)

best decision i have made in my guitar related life. Though i am biased af, if you are gonna buy a 1000Euro or dollar guitar , might aswell be a schecter made in korea, not fcking indonesia overpriced , underdecked ltd . because the snakebyte mate gets HUGELY outclassed compared to this machine.

You dig metallica and i get it, i digged it too. But dont let that sway you from buying a good instrument. Besides , you just get a way better explorer

Have a good one mate.

edit: And i get a sustaniac pickup on top of that.

ganther c.

I don't see why there is a problem based on the pics

George A.

very very bad fretjob. Missing wood (chipped). Every fret has marks of getting hammered by the sides. They even had filler on some places on the frets bc bigger parts of the fret were missing. 

Alex P.

Shit I can see the photos better now, that is bad, my snakebyte is made in Korea, I'm from the UK and ordered it from the US because at the time, the snakebytes in the UK were poorer quality, no case just the standard emgs, but they did swap out the bone nut for some shite. Anyway it took 3 months for the dam thing to arrive, it got lost in transit in the shity UK courier service then arrived 3 months later. It wasn't damaged but played like shit. I should have sent it back but was to nervous, I have had  a bone nut installed and had two so called professional setups and I am still not happy the pick up selecter only works when it feels like it and it buzzes like a bastard. My m8s LTD Viper which cost like £159 is a far better guitar sorry to say but it's true.

mike b.

beautiful strings. I love it!

taylor g.

that's all the useful information I was looking for. thank you for sharing! Geometry Dash Scratch

elly l.

If you've been looking for a good relaxing and entertaining game as much lately, this might be of help to you!

fnaf b.

Your essay has a lot of important information, which allows me to broaden my knowledge. You can relax by visiting the fall guys website.

Post to Thread