Ferrule

Updated
Vic2384

I noticed I can see wood around some of the ferrules. Is this a wrong size ferrule or just a minor cosmetic issue? 

Pushead

Looks more like a cosmetic issue than a size issue. Perhaps a larger ferrule will help to cover the issue.

tomasz m.

tomasz m.

Hi Esp, is this a fake or a really poor workmanship? already have 3 Ltd Esp's at home, B-50 and 2 times F-50. None of them have backplate sticking out / bulging out / being floppy, and none of them have ferrule missaligned, pushed too deep, holes drilled clumsilly.

tomasz m.

As u can see, on the front, the ferrules moved under the string pressure and the wood is showing, on the back the holes aren't simetrically drilled and one of the ferrules is inserted much deeper than the others. If this is real does this affect the sound quality? If this is real I will seriously consider NOT buying another Ltd Esp. so far I had great quality, impecable finish, Esp guitars - untill this one. This is total abomination.

tomasz m.

This shouldn't leave Esp inspection or production line at all, not for the price and not regarding Esp's legendary quality.

Pushead

The guitar is legit, it's from 2012. It looks to be an AX-50, if I'm not mistaken.

None of the issues you mentioned (a bulging back plate, a string ferule set too deep, or the finish issues on the top) affect the sound. Unfortunately, what you've found are some of the issues associated with the most cost-effective instruments. The issues with the finish on the top are related to the basswood the guitar body is made from. Basswood is reasonably soft, and over the six years of the guitar's existence, the wood has compressed where the strings pull hardest. It's not uncommon to see similar issues on other string-through body designs, even in bodies made from harder woods.

As for passing the quality control department, it would surprise me if the ferule issues were there when the guitar was new. That was likely something that has happened slowly over time.

tomasz m.

Guys, i am hoping for a decent discussion on this. If you will continue to block my posts I will make a youtube video and all world will know the problem.

Pushead

Who do you think is blocking your posts?

tomasz m.

I cannot post even when I am logged in. This forum is not working right and I am loosing my patience.

Cogan C.
tomasz m. wrote:

I cannot post even when I am logged in. This forum is not working right and I am loosing my patience.

You managed to post this comment without issue, and several more on different pages in the last 4 hours. Have you tried contacting ESP support?

tomasz m.

At first my account was "suspended", then restored, but also I noticed I need to keep posts short - when I try longer one the browser acts weird. All is sorted now, no worries.

jaimegarber g.

I like this post.

Noah B.

If you can see wood around some of the ferrules, it is likely a minor cosmetic issue rather than a wrong size ferrule. Ferrules are typically designed to fit snugly around the shaft of a tool or handle, providing stability and strength. However, slight variations in manufacturing can sometimes result in small gaps between the ferrule and the wood. As long as these gaps are minimal and do not affect the functionality or durability of the tool, they can be considered as minor cosmetic issues that should not cause any significant problems.

Ryan R.

I wish I had known this sooner because it helped me a lot with my travel 

Post to Thread