Ec ii 1007 pickup toggle issue

Updated
Almostflawed

So lately during practice ive been complaining my tone sounds too bluesy. My guys said im crazy and when i was playing around myself today i knew i wasnt crazy, i thought it was the battery. Wrong. I went to go chugging along and turned down the neck pickup which made the bridge go off... So i did it in reverse abd didnt get the same pattern. Aha! My toggle switch is apparently flimsy as all hell now and when its set to bridge its in split mode. Great. I can only play it correctly if i push it to the right. Ive had this issue with epiphones before when i used to randy rhoads the hell out of my les paul but i never did that on here. I took the pot off the back to tighten... Then i see this atrocity. How the hell can i get past this immovable board to tighten the inside and outside and fix the issue? Thanks

Almostflawed

Almostflawed

Pushead

I'm not entirely sure what you're asking, but I assume you're having difficulty removing the nut around the switch. This is a clever tool that I use.

http://www.philadelphialuthiertools.com/luthier-tools/wrenches/esp-multi-spanner-wrench/

But you could also hold it tight with your fingers from the top while turning the switch itself from the bottom.

Almostflawed

That part where the wires are sautered cannot move and no fingers cannot fit there

Pushead

Mine do. You don't need to turn it much, the nut will loosen enough that you can remove it the rest of the way by hand. I've done it that way a few times before.

But the wrench at the link above does a fine job of removing the nut.

Almostflawed

No i cannot reach it. In picture 3 there is an immovable part of a circuit board. It is not attached to anything nearby, only through the chamber of the guitar itself. I cannot move that piece to get to the nut.

Pushead

It's the connections to the switch. You can hold it by the "circuit board" and turn it slightly to help loosen the nut on the top.

Post to Thread