Pots for B-1004SE series bass

Updated
Mats E.

I am searching in vain after vol pots available and suitable for my B-1004SE bass. It seems very hard to get a reply from either the Scandinavian wholesale agent in Denmark, or even the customer service from ESP/LTD which I've trying to get any reply from now 3 months back. It's even a warranty repair since it did crap out on me before 1 year warranty period ran out. It is a very special LONG SHAFT BUSHING 50K POT with Audio Taper. Copenhagen Music Imports ApS as they are called has replied since 2 months back that "Yeah yeah, it's on its way, we've received it" each time the music shop calls for it and wonder where their ORDER is. But nothing happens.

Now this wouldn't be such a big deal, if ESP/LTD had decided on something that was very available to us to repair, and no proprietary pot value shaft length and design. See, there's no problem in getting ANY pot that is 50K audio taper. No problem at all! But since the body of the B-1004SE is too thick towards the control cavity end, it just have to be a long THREADED BUSHING SHAFT that is able to go through the thick body and make a firm grip on the other side for the bushing, washers, and of course the knob itself. And those ones doesn't exist dime a dozen anywhere, not even scarce. So the only source is direct from this manufacturer, but not even there it seems.

The pickup manufacturer Nordstrand Pickups replied within 48 hours and told me that in order to use their pickups WITH proprietary preamp/eq design as that of ESP/LTD I have to follow ESP/LTDs requirements for pot values and designs. If I should use Nordstrands only, any 250K pot or 500K pot would be suitable too ... if those existed with a long, threaded bushing shaft. But not even these exists.

Now I wonder, since this isn't exclusive to B-1004SE MultiScale basses, I wonder if someone else has had the same problems?

Post to Thread