Locking Nut String goes flat

Updated
Meph

Hey,

when I tune my guitar with FR and I'm at pitch I lock the strings at the nut. Problem in this moment the low e string goes a little flat, (back to pitch when I loosen the nut) . This causell, that all frets are a little sharper then the open string (fret 1-24 are perfect in tune, open string is little flat.

Any solution? Thanks 

Pushead

So the open E is flat, but every other note on the E string is in tune?

How is the tuning before you clamp? Low E is in tune, and every other note is sharp?

Meph

Nope before I clamp everything is perfect. After I clamp open string is flat, everything else is perfect.

Pushead

How flat is it going? Just a little, or a substantial amount? If you bring the open string back into tune using the fine tuners on the bridge, is all well, or is it pushing the rest of the notes on the string sharp?

How hard are you clamping? Any change on the A string at all?

Sorry for the barrage of questions, I've just never heard of this before. Typically my Floyds will go a touch sharp after clamping.

Meph

It's not much 5-7 cents.

If I correct it everything went sharp. So intonation between open string and and every fretted string is messed up. I clamp it that way, that my allen wrenge don't move more with light pressure. 

I assume , that clamping the strings, cause any way, that the e string is lifted up...  So so string length is open just a little longer .

Pushead

Can you tweak the intonation on that string? Intonation on a Floyd is tricky sometimes. I have a tool that makes it easier to do while keeping the string on.

https://www.amazon.com/Allparts-Floyd-Rose-Intonation-Tool/dp/B004MN9746

Post to Thread