broke the switch

Updated
warpig

Accidentally i broke the pickup switch toggle when i had only 2 maybe 3 months with my LTD Eclipse. i was standing with my newly acquired guitar and i dont know how, the strap just dislocated from its place and the guitar hit the floor, only thing that happened was that the switch broke and it had impacted on the body, very subtle. from that day i bought myself strap locks. wanted to know if this is something any tech guitarist could replace. as you can see in the photo, i tried using industrial glue but failed to place it again because the switch kind of broke in half. 

warpig

Pushead

It's a simple fix.  A new switch and 5 minutes with a soldering iron and you're back in business. If you're not comfortable doing it yourself, any tech will be able to do it.

Big Daddy B

Are those actual EMGs? I think EMG has a solderless toggle switch now.

Good idea on the straplocks though, even if a little late.

warpig

yes, came with the guitar. only thing i have done to it are the strap locks. and thanks i will check whenever i have the time. cheers

Pushead

What year is the guitar (the first two numbers of the serial number will tell you)?

If it's quick connect, this is what you need.

https://www.ebay.com/p/?iid=122160556262&lpid=82&&&ul_noapp=true&chn=ps

warpig

2016, still need the quick connect? 

Pushead

Actually, it's hard to know. I don't think ESP uses the quick connect on anything except the pickup itself.  Any chance you could take the cover off the jack and take a picture inside?

Post to Thread