ESP E-II Evertune Push-pull/push-push coil

Updated
ESP E-II Evertune Push-pull/push-push coil

Hello everyone!

I just got a new Eclipse Evertune Black satin-guitar.

Push-pull/Push-push Coil Tap

You can push it down but it won't stay down. Is this the way it works or is it faulty? Never had one on a guitar before.

Thank you for the help!

Pushead

No, it should latch in the down position as well.  You may want to try to remove the knob and see if it will latch without the knob. The knob may be too low on the spindle to allow it to go far enough down to latch.

Samu

Removed the knob. Didn't latch in the down position even then. Going to take the guitar to the store where I bought it.

Thanks!

Pushead

Aw, that's a shame. Realistically, it's an easy fix (replace the pot with a new one), but I'd hate to have to do that to a brand new guitar. If you dig how it plays and sounds (though if it's locked in single-coil mode, it might be hard to know) see if the shop will replace it as a warranty claim.

Samu

Hey there!

They looked at the guitar on the store & checked that it works. It works the way it should. It's a push/push knob.

They called the ESP importer of Finland & they confirmed that's the way it works.

I just don't hear any difference when pushing the knob. They said the mics are pretty good, so it's hard to tell. With some amps you might hear the difference.

Samu

Although I CAN hear a difference when I push the button down and play some riffs (hard to do this while playing!) so I'm confused here.

I'll contact ESP.

Samu

I tested the humbuckers with a screwdriver. When the button is being pushed down, the lower coils are actually more sensitive.

Post to Thread