Toggle Switch Issues

Updated
Toggle Switch Issues

Just recieved my ltd ec-401 vintage black finish a couple weeks ago and it plays amazing! my only issue is when i switch my toggle switch i wont get the full sound out of pickups whether it be my neck or bridge, i usually just give it a little tap and bam i get my full sound. Im probably going to have to take this in to get looked at. Love this guitar but really disappointed in this issue as I have been looking forward to this guitar for a long time. I noticed some other musicians have had this problem as well hopefully this gets taken care of in the future so no one else has to go through this disappointment after sinkin almost a grand into a guitar.

Pushead

Just resolder the connections to the switch. For whatever reason, it happens on ESP guitars with EMGs.  Not sure what causes the issue, but it's easily corrected.

Andrew G.

Awesome thanks for the tip man

Big Daddy B

Pus you ever use electrical contact cleaner in an aerosol can? Both my techs use that stuff but I don't keep any on hand.

Pushead

Not for that. I've used them to clean the interior parts on pots before, but this fix is easier to just heat the solder joint with an iron and be done.

Elvin D.

My Toggle works well in switching but, has anyone else has this issue? My up postion uses the middle volume and the down toggles uses the 1st or top volume knob, is this unusual or normal to these guitars?

Pushead

Yeah, ESP and LTD does this on many of their models with 2 volume pots. I end up swapping them.

Post to Thread