ESM M7 Takada Custom Shop

Updated
azyat

Hi comrades,

Greetings from Minsk, Belarus

I'm happy to join with this community with the custom-made M7 Hophead 75. But it has one issue that doen't allow me to enjoy it how it deserves to.

I bought used with some issues concerning the locking nut, and I was aware that I would need to replace it. I made a quick order for OFR locking nut (the bridge itself is OFR), but I was quite surprised when I got it: OFR nut is wider that the current nut on the guitar (47.6mm against 45mm) as well as E-B spacing (41mm against 39.5mm). OFR nut can be installed on the neck, because its width is enough for that, but considering E-B spacing, 1st and 7th strings would be practically falling off the neck edges. Old nut doesn't have any marking on the back side by the way.

My inquiry to ESP support didn't bring any effective results (I was pointed at the online stores where I couldn't find any matching replacement parts), so I hope that somebody from ESP community could pour some light on this issue. As far as I know, there were several guitars made for Hophead, and the blue one has popped out on Ebay not so long ago, so probably there's a chance to find out some details about this.

Thanks everybody for the input in advance!

WBR,

Anton

Post to Thread