Replacing active pickups with passive pickups

Updated
Fayde89

Hello

i have an ESP eclipse 2005 VB model mahogany body and neck with ebony fingerboard and it is equipped with EMG 60/81 and i am not fond of the compressed tone on those as well as they are not as sensitive as the passives i have on my other guitar as i like to shred sometimes and the legato is a hassle when i try it on these pickups ( i am a noob when it comes to actives) , so i have decided to switch to passives maybe   Dimarzio's D Activators / Liquifire or Cruch Lab / Liquifire or even SD Jazz/JB or '59/JB ( we will see about that)

my inquiry is about the size on those , will i need to do some routing for those humbuckers or no such work needed to install them and will i need to switch the pots on my guitar or the ones already equipped will be fine? also is there any electric parts that i need to purchase with the humbuckers to install them or those humbuckers come with everything needed to be installed.

and i know that i need earth to bridge connection so will i need to drill a hole for that or is it already done from the manufacturer?

thanks

Pushead

No need to route for the passive pickups.  You will need new pots and a new jack.  ESP guitars come with the grounding/Earth wired into the circuit, even on active pickup system gutiars.

Fayde89

Thanks a lot Pushead that was very helpful.

Post to Thread