Sympathetic notes from the Floyd Rose string retainer

Updated
Sympathetic notes from the Floyd Rose string retainer

Interested to know if anyone has experienced this.  After muting my strings following a chord, It can hear string noise coming from the G-string at the string retainer bar, which is picked up by the amp.  The tremolo springs are muffled with a layer of foam, so I eliminated that as a possibility. The string noise I am experiencing is coming from beyond the string retainer.  That guitar in question is a MH guitar with a 6-in-line headstock.    

Other than playing a strip of foam at the string retainer, do any techs have any idea how to eliminate said string noise?

Thank you 

Pushead

Screw the bar in a bit further, or back it off a bit.

Thrash8315

I will have to do that.  It is screwed in 0.5 inch into the headstock.  Going to measure with caliper to see how much further I can go.  Either that, I will wrap more string around the posts next time to get the proper angle.

Travis L.

If all else fails this is what I do to get rid of string chime and unwanted noise from the headstock.

I just use black velcro. Cut to fit and it works great. Just giving you my experience   I hope it all works out! cheers!

Post to Thread