New Pots for an Eclipse

Updated
Darryl M.

S'up guys?

I'm a UK player who has a love for ESPs and a deep and abiding loathing for EMG pickups. I need to take the EMGs out of an Eclipse, which is fine in theory. However, having obtained some pickups and pots, I've found that the CTS pots don't fit into the tiny holes in the body that are routed for those EMG minipots. I'm a fairly adventurous guy, but taking a Dremel or file to an ESP is asking a lot of my nerves. Can any of you point me toward good quality pots that are narrow enough to go in, but also long enough to make it through an Eclipse's arched top?

Cheers!

Big Daddy B
Darryl M. wrote:

S'up guys?

I'm a UK player who has a love for ESPs and a deep and abiding loathing for EMG pickups. I need to take the EMGs out of an Eclipse, which is fine in theory. However, having obtained some pickups and pots, I've found that the CTS pots don't fit into the tiny holes in the body that are routed for those EMG minipots. I'm a fairly adventurous guy, but taking a Dremel or file to an ESP is asking a lot of my nerves. Can any of you point me toward good quality pots that are narrow enough to go in, but also long enough to make it through an Eclipse's arched top?

Cheers!

If you are worried about using a power tool, they make a hand tool called a Reamer that does the same thing with manual twisting. I noticed some posts asking a similar question regarding narrow pots over at the Jackson forum but didn't see any obvious replacements. You may want to reach out to the manufacturer of the pickups you want to install to see if they have any suggestions.

Pushead

A drill press set to a high speed will do the job.  At a higher speed (with a sharp bit) will experience less chipping than something slower (like a hand reamer, for instance).

Post to Thread