Replacement bridge for LTD 256

Updated
Benjammin

One of the saddle screws broke, so I'm looking to replace the bridge (and posts if need be), can anyone recommend one that will drop in? Thanks

Pushead

You might just be able to replace the saddle screw, though with a quick search I couldn't find the size of the screw.

The replacement would be a Gotoh Metric Tune o Matic bridge.

Benjammin

Thanks, the Gotoh isn't too expensive, I'll try that. Will the bridge (12" radius) need any work to fit a guitar with a 350mm/13.75" radius?

Pushead

No, that's always been a bit of an issue with the TOM bridge style.  Some people use slightly taller saddles at the high and low E strings to help compensate for that, but I've never found it to be an issue for my playing.

Benjammin

Great thanks. Out of curiosity, do you know if the stock bridge is 12" or 13.75"?

Benjammin

On second thought, if I was going to replace the saddle screw, do they come in different sizes?

Pushead

The stock bridge is 12".  The saddle screw does come in different shapes.  I couldn't find any details about the size in a quick search, but the bridge you have is a Gotoh Metric, which is a Nashville style (there is also an ABR 1 style, which is different).  The ABR 1 style expects to have a retaining wire to hold the screws in, and is fairly much a pain to deal with.

Jack C.

Does anyone know if the Gibson les Paul tunomatic stopbar and bridge piece will fit an EC-256?

thanks

Pushead

It will not. The bridge post size is different. The Gotoh or Tone Pros (same company makes them) will be the correct replacement.

Post to Thread