Locking tuners for Vintage Plus Distressed

Updated
Christian C.

Hi,

I own a Vintage Plus Distressed, and while I love the axe, I hate the Gotoh locking tuners. I don't like that I have to have a screwdriver or a coin to change strings, so I want some new locking tuners with a knob I can turn with my fingers. However - I don't know which tuners will fit on the Vintage Plus. Anyone know which to look for - which ratio and bore diamater etc.?

Big Daddy B

I believe Gotoh now makes a version with thumbwheels that I believe are a direct retrofit (don't trust me on that, please verify. I hear you though. I had the old magnumlocks and hated them. I then got another vintage plus that has Sperzel Trim Loks. I like those a lot better.

http://blog.philadelphialuthiertools.com/2013/05/31/new-gotoh-sg381-mg-t-magnum-lock-traditional-locking-tuners-now-available/

Pushead

I'm not sure if they're a direct replacement, but those new Gotoh locking tuners are fantastic.  I have them on an E-II Eclipse, and they're much nicer (IMO) than the Sperzels I have on a bunch of guitars. 

ESPEXP

I wish they were a direct replacement but I don't believe they are. The screwhole should be straight not slanted. I've tried finding ones to fit my MX-250s before and no such luck. The hipshot ones were the only ones that were close to fitting. But there is hope, the new JHs have the straight hole Gotoh locking tuners, but I haven't seen them forsale.

Christian C.

Thanks a lot - really helpful. 

I have to know for sure that they will fit, so do any of you if it's possible to see a drawing/diagram of those I have installed (from factory)? I know that the hole is 10mm in diameter, but I really would like to find some that matches the holes (screws etc.), so I don't have to drill new ones.

Post to Thread