Eclipse I PL pickup ring

Updated
Eclipse I PL pickup ring
Hey all, I'm about to acquire the Eclipse PL in black satin w/ chrome hardware, and wondered the manufacturer of the pickup rings? I might need to replace at least the bridge pickup ring due to noticeable wear. I suspect they might be Gotoh rings but if anyone knows different I'd appreciate the correction. There might be pics ;)
captcoolaid

I can check for you i know some one there at ESP.

antikue

Thanks I'd appreciate it. My guess is Gotoh or Hosco (same company, Japanese), but I'd like to be sure. The chrome ones are surprisingly expensive 'round here.

Tullochard

I was wondering if there was an answer to '1b4n3z' question?

I have recently bought a Eclipse-1 CTM FT BKS, and want to replace the hardware with chrome. So far I have been able to get everything, including tuners direct from Japan, but I am having no luck with the pick up surrounds.

I bought some chrome ones from a UK parts company, but the body radius does not match with the curve of the surround.

Can anybody help me get a UK source, or maybe even a worldwide one, or failing that give me the radius of the body? The ECLIPSE-I CTM BB and ECLIPSE-CTM SILVER SPARKLE all have chrome surrounds so they must exist somewhere!

Incidentally, looking at the black plastic ones that come as standard on the guitar, it looks like the whole surround is curved - not just the underside that attaches to the body, the top is not perfectly flat. Weird...

Big Rich

your never going to find them. the only store that had them was guitar parts depot and there out of business

thats the only place i could find them when i needed to replace the ones on my paul landers .... good luck

shathe

not sure what the profile is of those. is it an archtop?
you might try stewmac. they have metal rings for flat top and archtops and the specs are posted on their site to so you can see if they'll fit...

jack.j

I would also like to know this.have you tried made in japan parts m.i.j    They have a ebay store i am trying to find a set of black screws for mine.There is also emg pick up rings.I have not tried those either but i think i will give the emg rings a try there screws might fit.

Post to Thread