Loose stoptail thread dowels

Updated
Loose stoptail thread dowels

So I recently picked up and old LTD V200, after I got it I did my typical clean up, string change, and setup. When I changed the strings I noticed that the thread dowels for the stoptail had pulled up a bit. So I pushed them back down and the felt snug enough,  but I notice they have both pulled up again in the back. Anyone else have this problem? Any suggestions? Should I pull them out and put a dab of glue in each hole in a couple spots, or should I just ignore it? I'm debating on changing to black hardware so if I do glue it in the mean time I don't want it glued in too good.

Pushead

Even if you change to black hardware, you'll be able to use the same bushings (the part that goes into the body.)  If you can pull them out easily (if they slide out), a bit of regular wood glue will do well to keep them in place.  If they don't come easily, just let them be.

Nathan S.

Thanks, that's kinda what I thought just a little wood glue in the hole. I think I'm going to order a complete locking tonepros setup in black so I'll wait to glue till I get that and change the chrome bushings to black.

Pushead

Most brands (including Tonepros) don't bother with colored bridge bushings.  They're the same unpolished metal as what you have now.

Nathan S.

Huh, interesting.  The pics of the black tonepros sets I've looked at show the heads of the bushings black as well. Just not the body where it is in the wood. Guess I'll see what shows up when I get it ordered.

Nathan S.

You were right Pus, the tonepros stoptail bushings don't even have flanged head like the factory ones. I was seeing the black of the flanged base of the post in the pics I was looking at.

Pushead

Every once in a while I get something right. I typically write it down in my diary so I can tell my girlfriend later.

Nathan S.

I sent you a friend request. Wanted to pm you a question.

Nathan S.

Does LTD use an odd size thread bushing???? I ordered the metric tonepros setup but the thread bushings are to small diameter. The new tonepros posts will thread into the old bushings but I wanted to switch out the bridge bushings as the tonepros ones are black. Guess I may be stuck with the chrome LTD ones.

Pushead

The different manufacturing brands make different sizes for the bushing.  The stock Gotohs will be fine.

Nathan S.

Yeah, I'm just gonna paint the factory ones black and put them back in. It's just a visual thing, I want it all blacked out, got black sperzels on the way, and some more black parts coming from allparts as well. Can't seem to find a black selector switch nut ring or washer though. May have to paint those as well.

Post to Thread