How to spot fake ESP

Updated
How to spot fake ESP

Hey guys,

Do you have any knowledge regarding fake guitars and how to spot them?

Maybe guitar companies should start a database where we could register original guitars and verify their authenticity. I understand that, I his is extra cost but we have to somehow protect ourselves from not honest seller, specially when we buy used instruments.

Carlton F.

I have this Horizon Custom that I bought used in 2005-06 in Sweden, cant remember exactly. I immediatly brought it to a music store to check the value to know i didnt get ripped of. 

Sean D.

Hi guys. 

I'm super interested in buying an eii arrow off a guy, but would love some advice on the authenticity of the guitar if anyone can help. Here's some pics.

Thanks in advance  

Pushead

It's legit. A 2019 model.

Sean D.

Thank you, I thought so because all the decals and logo etc look well lined up. It's just a lot of cash to spend so wanna be sure. Do you have any recommendations/advice on how to make a secure long distance purchase/deal by any chance?

Also, thanks for responding so quickly. Much appreciated! 

Pushead

eBay/Reverb and/or Paypal (non gift). I've been lucky and haven't been burned in 20+ years of buying and selling.

Talk with the seller, preferably on the phone. Get an idea of who he/she is. If they're willing to talk with you for a few minutes to work out details, odds are they'll be pretty safe to deal with.

If you get any uneasy feelings, curt or rude replies, or are nervous, just let the deal pass by. There are other deals out there. I'd rather pay an extra $100 for a deal I feel comfortable with than try to save a few bucks on a deal that feels wrong.

manu f.

Hi

I bought a 2011 ESP Horizon FR2 and it is really nice and plays like a charm, but i noticed some finishing/detailsthat bother me:

the 12th case markers are not aligned

There are some marks/stains on the fretboard:

There are no other "flaws", am i too picky?

Serial number is where it should be, overall quality is very nice. I already own an ESP Custom, so i can compare. Thx

manu f.

some more pics

thx

Pushead

It wouldn't bother me, but if you think it's annoying enough to tarnish your experience with the guitar, maybe it's better to pass it along to someone else.

manu f.

thx for your reply. no it doesn't bother me that much, the guitar is so nice to play!! just wandering if it was just some small finishing flaws or something more serious. i'll keep it.

Enea D.

Hi guys, I would like know if this guitar is OK or fake... I started to doubt when I saw the back of the head, so different from other guitars... Thanks! 

BlackCat

Hi Enea,
I think you started to doubt when you saw the price ... really low for Italian market

Enea D.
BlackCat wrote:
Hi Enea, I think you started to doubt when you saw the price ... really low for Italian market

Exactly...

Enea D.

Enea D.

Enea D.

Pushead

It's legit. I can't quite make out the serial number on the back to get the date, but it's probably later than 2005.

Enea D.

The only number on the back is N457 but it's written like "C E" and not engraved or followed by "made in Korea" like the other I see.... Is it a different series? Maybe China one? Because the owner is selling it for less then half the price of other Truckster. I'll try to post a zoomed image of the back

Enea D.

Post to Thread