How to spot fake ESP

Updated
How to spot fake ESP

Hey guys,

Do you have any knowledge regarding fake guitars and how to spot them?

Maybe guitar companies should start a database where we could register original guitars and verify their authenticity. I understand that, I his is extra cost but we have to somehow protect ourselves from not honest seller, specially when we buy used instruments.

Pushead

Pickups are easy to change. Don't assume that the pickups in a guitar are the ones that came stock with the guitar.

Mehmet Uluc S.

But I bought it brand new (at least thats what I think  )

Sahand k.

Hello Guys, Could please help me please ? I wanted to know if my guitar is legit and also if u could say when it has been made? and how much can be the price of it, I would be grateful. I just know that it's Horizon Fr-II

I

Pushead

It's a 2011 ESP Horizon FR-II. It's legit.

Paul P.

Can anyone tell me if this esp flying v is real. I cant find any info on them and cant see any serial numbers on the headstock.

Paul P.

Pushead

I suspect it's legit. It's always a pain when they put the logo on the truss rod cover or anything made to be removed. The seller is a legit guy and should have more info on the guitar.

Sarah B.

Dont buy from far away places that are too cheap on EBay !

BlackCat

Hi guys,
I'm Massimo from Italy.
I am thinking to take a used LTD KH-202 from a shop here in Italy, unfortunately due to Covid-19 I cannot go to the shop in person.
Could you help me understand if it is original or fake?
It looks like a "made in Korea" 2004.
Thank you very much!!!

Pushead

You are correct, a 2004 KH-202. Looks good.

BlackCat

Thanks Pushead!
In this case I proceed to buy it.
Here a couple more photos

Shane T.

Hi, Can anyone confirm if this is legit? My main concern is the 5-way selector switch and its position, which I can't find reference to it on any ESP guitar or in any ESP catalogue. From what I can tell the guitar is from approximately 1998. Thanks everyone.

Pushead

The M-II Deluxe is legit. Mid to late 90s.

Shane T.

Even with that 5 way selector switch? Can't find anything else with the same layout. Although everything else seems legit, including the cavity cover on the back.

Pushead

I've never seen it before, but every other detail matches what I expect to see. May have been special ordered, may have been a small run that way.

Shane T.

Thanks Pushead. Any idea of the value?

Pushead

I'm really bad at guessing values of guitars lately. Since the pandemic hit, guitar values have gone crazy. It looks in great shape, and it wouldn't surprise me if it went as high as $1200 here in the US. But 2 or 3 years ago I would have guessed $800-1k.

Post to Thread