How to spot fake ESP

Updated
How to spot fake ESP

Hey guys,

Do you have any knowledge regarding fake guitars and how to spot them?

Maybe guitar companies should start a database where we could register original guitars and verify their authenticity. I understand that, I his is extra cost but we have to somehow protect ourselves from not honest seller, specially when we buy used instruments.

Pushead

The serial number starts with an I not a 1.

Giorgi M.

Giorgi M.

Hello, help is this guitar real or fake? LTD M10 Korea

Pushead

Hi Giorgi, it is legit.

Giorgi M.

Why serial not searching up ? Thanks for answer

Pushead

It looks to be from 2002, which is when the serial number format was changing.

With no offense intended, there's no money to be made by faking the least expensive model a company makes.

Rasmus H.

Rasmus H.

Hi

Can you tell me is my ESP E2 Horizon 3 real or fake?

Pushead

Hi Rasmus, your Horizon III is legit. A 2022 model.

Jason B

Hey, I wanted know if these two ltd’s are legit

Jason B

Jason B

Jason B

Iván B.

Does this makes sense to you? The serial number starts with "SS" but the ESP logo says "CUSTOM SHOP". Also the tunners should be GOTOH MAGNUM LOCK and the mics Seymour Duncan but maybe they were swapped. Looks like an Horizon NT II. I don't have more photos because the guy is on holidays right now.

Pushead

Hi Ivan,

Unfortunately, this guitar isn't legit. It's pretty close, but it's a fake. As you picked up, the serial number and rear logos don't match up and there are some shape differences, especially in the headstock.

Iván B.

Thanks a lot for the feedback! So in this case, my eye didn't failed.

Jonas H.J.

Hey I Bought this Esp Ltd KH 202 on eBay for 300 euros (326 Dollar) It's made in Korea and The guy said that he replaced the pickups, but the tremolo is not same as the Original.

Can you confirm if it's an esp guitar or a fake ?  

BlackCat

Hi Jonas, Bridge is stock for "korean era" (licensed Floyd Rose, low pro style), but the guy removed the saddle screws and string blocks, and passed through the strings 

Post to Thread