Info on ESP MH-337 7 string

Updated
Anthony V.

Anyone have a ESP 7 string? How is the guitar from your experience? What size strings fit on the guitar? Will I be comfortable with the fret board, I have a 6 string and I don't know if the fret board is too wide conpared to the 6 string. I'm very intrested in getting this piece of art, but I'm just waiting for Christmas to get my hands on one. I'm planning to get a Fender Champion 100 (2x12) amp, I've heard very good things about this guy. You know how good fender is, I just can't imagine how the clean and distortion will sound on this amp. I just hope I can be able to do power chords and hit the low A string without a problem on this amp. I'm going to tune ADGCFAD.

Pushead

Unfortunately, we won't be able to tell you if you'll be comfortable with the fretboard, you'll have to tell us.  I've played a few 7s, but I've never particularly been comfortable with them.

If you're looking for both the guitar and amp with no experience with them, you might want to take the time to find somewhere close to play them before spending (or asking someone to spend) that much cabbage on something you're not totally sure of.

Another option, if you're not totally sure if the 7 is for you, and you don't plan on playing in the highest register, you could look into a baritone scale 6-string and still play ADGCFA.

Post to Thread