goddamned Black Chrome

Updated
xZYRYABx
The black chrome on my Floyd Rose is fading!!!! My rhythm guitarists bridge is completely worn out to a bland silver on his Alexi-600. Anything I can do to stop it before it gets worse? I try to wipe down the chrome after im done with it but it still seems to wear. Id hate to have to keep sending it for warranty work every time this happens (is this even covered under the warranty?!) Anybody else dealing with this?
xZYRYABx

Nobody?
Come on ppl im freaking out here!!!

chevie011

Guitars won't stay mint forever. Paint fading doesn't affect playability. Keep rockin and don't worry about it.

LordCliffton

This may brighten your outlook some: You consider now it an identifying mark(s) should it ever get stolen. Better?

xZYRYABx

This may brighten your outlook some: You consider now it an identifying mark(s) should it ever get stolen. Better?

hahaha.....alright....time to make lemonade I guess....

load more replies (1 of 1)
LordCliffton

good man. I too was somewhat bummed when I noticed that it had worn off some on the bridge of my Ibanez RG3120... nothing I can do about it, nor would I want to as the thing plays, & tunes, & most importantly stays in tune beautifully. Would not trade it for almost anything.. I bought it new & love it to death.

WildeStarr

The black chrome on my Floyd Rose is fading!!!!
My rhythm guitarists bridge is completely worn out to a bland silver on his Alexi-600.
Anything I can do to stop it before it gets worse?
I try to wipe down the chrome after im done with it but it still seems to wear.
Id hate to have to keep sending it for warranty work every time this happens (is this even covered under the warranty?!)
Anybody else dealing with this?

Shit happens. It means you are playing your guitars alot, and thats a good thing. If it gets really bad looking, just replace the worn parts.

xZYRYABx

u know, if i was playing that axe day in day out for a long time then i can see that fading is expected, but I barely touch that axe for more than 3 hours per week and its only 3 months old!
Thats why I was wondering if anybody else is having any premature fading....my black hardware on my Kelly is still as new after 15 years of abuse!

load more replies (1 of 1)
Mark W.

It happens with every guitar I have owned with that type of finish - Ibanez, Jackson, ESP

Hans B.

Both of my black OFRs are still in mint condition after years of use. Is the bridge on your Alexi made in Germany or is a Floyd 1000 series? I usually don't rest my hands on the bridge though and let my palm rest towards the middle of the pickups. Still I have sweaty hands and the only parts that have rusted or worn are the screws on the pickup rings. If it still bothers you, just buy a new black OFR. You should be able to get it for $200 or a little less.

OR you can also order black replacement saddles from stew Mac. Search for "Saddles for Floyd Rose". They cost $21 for a set of 6. 

Edit: the ones on stew Mac are not OFR saddles. You can find a set of 6 OFR saddles on wdmusic but they cost $120. For that much I would rather buy a new OFR.

Post to Thread