• onemanarmy9

Help IDing an old ESP

Hello everyone on the ESP forums.  I'm not 100% sure where this thread belongs, but since it doesn't really fit in any of the other guitar forums, I figure it belongs here.  If I'm wrong, can a mod let me know and move it to the proper forum? 

I have an old ESP "The Phoenix" I picked up about a year ago, and I've been searching since then to figure out what exactly I have.  For reference, the serial number is stamped into the fretboard, below the 24th fret.  Not sure if this was common practice on these old ESP's. 

I've found some info on the "The Phoenix" models, however the specs on mine come no where close to anything I've read.  Most of the stuff online about this model say they came in either Black or Red (mine is white), and had a setup including either mini humbuckers or P90's (mine has 2 full sized humbuckers, which isn't a configuration I've read) Unfortunately, it's not letting me post photos of the guitar at the moment, but I will try to get some posted eventually for people to see what I'm talking about.  Thanks for any information that the fine people of the forum can give me.

• Carl N.

It's very difficult dating older ESPs since serial numbers were not tracked until the early 2000's.  Anything produced before then would probably be dated by guesswork.  You can google "esp catalogs" and check out their past catalogs to see if you find your specific model or you could always contact the company directly.

Cancel