• JSHRED

10-46 is the facotry set of strings for that. They should be nice and cozy in the nut without any issues. It's sad what passes for a factory nut these days, even on guitars in the $500 to $1000 range.

Again I agree with Mr. P. Unfortunately it's something tricky unless you're a pro. A pro luthier can probably file the slots to the right width and depth, but if you did want to go to a bone nut, now would be the time. Just keep in mind the luthier will make you a bone nut from scratch, so you're looking at a few bucks for that.

• powerchord

10-46 is the facotry set of strings for that. They should be nice and cozy in the nut without any issues. It's sad what passes for a factory nut these days, even on guitars in the $500 to $1000 range.

Again I agree with Mr. P. Unfortunately it's something tricky unless you're a pro. A pro luthier can probably file the slots to the right width and depth, but if you did want to go to a bone nut, now would be the time. Just keep in mind the luthier will make you a bone nut from scratch, so you're looking at a few bucks for that.

yeah, there's a lot of pull to the right on the high E string, from the positioning of the head stock. i tried a .09 string and the same. the slot is not deep enough. there's no guitar techs in my area to bring to. maybe ill order a 010 file online. cant make it any worse :rollin

Cancel