ESP case shortage?

Updated
gibson_x
Ordered an EC-1000-FR plus ESP case from axemusic, guitar was in stock but not the case. They offered their house model generic LP case, I opted to wait for stock on the ESP since I already have a few LPs already and this is my first non-Gibson/Epi so I kinda wanted something a little different. Plus they're supposed to be he largest ESP dealer in Canada and ETA was 5-10 days. That was 2 1/2 months ago...:confused: Was wondering if there was some kind of delay or something with ESP w/ EC/LP cases? I wasn't in a big rush or anything, but at this point I'm getting a little annoyed...
JSHRED

Short answer: YES.

On May 5, I ordered a Horizon NT-II from GC Atlanta. They put in an order with ESP 2 days later. Two weeks later it still hadn't shipped. I was told hard shell cases were on backorder.

I am a little bit surprised that they don't just ship them from Japan to Cali in hard shell cases (safer for the guitars in transit, I'd think). Then again, I did get the guitar last week, and the case was like what the nicer USA Fenders come in, the ones that have the little metal plate inside that says "G&G Cases USA" or whatever. And to be fair, it is a very nice case. Maybe they use those cases for the NA market and different cases for the APAC market.

Regardless, there is a delay, but I don't know any more than that. And naturally, an Eclipse will take a different case than a double cut, so maybe their delay is longer. And I hate to make it sound even scarier, but they may be favoring ESP's over LTD's, rather than working on a strict first-come-first-served basis.

I'd ask the dealer to call ESP and get a real ETA. That's what I had to do.

Sixstringhotshot

They ship them in cardboard boxes, presumably in shipping containers so full of them that they don't rattle around in transit. The hard cases probably don't come from Japan anyways.

Bummer on the backorder...IMO all guitars should come with a hard case.

xZYRYABx

Bummer on the backorder...IMO all guitars should come with a hard case.

+1
for what it's worth, I had to wait over 2 months for a case for my H-III more than a year ago

load more replies (1 of 1)
cecilbag

I know Charvel also doesn't have any cases in stock. Supplier error is what my friends store was told

JSHRED

Well, since Charvels are now Fenders, and the better USA Fenders come in the same G&G USA cases as ESPs, I'd guess that case company is the common link.

Breadfan32

I waited for six months from my dealer until I just cancelled and just got one off ebay last week.

LoveThatBass

I do not find a case specifically made for my new LTD D-5 Bass. Can someone tell me which case to order if needed please?
Thanks,
Gary

Ordered an EC-1000-FR plus ESP case from axemusic, guitar was in stock but not the case. They offered their house model generic LP case, I opted to wait for stock on the ESP since I already have a few LPs already and this is my first non-Gibson/Epi so I kinda wanted something a little different. Plus they're supposed to be he largest ESP dealer in Canada and ETA was 5-10 days.

That was 2 1/2 months ago...:confused:

Was wondering if there was some kind of delay or something with ESP w/ EC/LP cases? I wasn't in a big rush or anything, but at this point I'm getting a little annoyed...

LoveThatBass

FWI: I called ESP and they said a B Series Bass case fits the D series Basses as they have the same body shape and size.

Post to Thread