Gotoh licensed floyd replacement

Updated
zeratul_x
Hi,I'd like to replace my stock 2008 LTD M-100FM licensed floyd with Gotoh floyd and my question is would the Gotoh fits with the old floyd space without any modification?
TonyFlyingSquirrel

Been using one for 16+ years on my main axe, rock solid, smooth feeling under the palm, very consistent. Actually considering a big block & new bar ala Floyd Upgrades.

I like the idea of having the wrench inside the bar assembly. I've had a trem tool on the back of the headstock for as many years and fear it my lose itself one day like one of them did on another guitar some years back.

ozzuk1

Should drop in fine, definately worth getting the studs replaced for the Gotoh floyd Rose ones, they lock into the anchors and are cut for the bridge, they work fine with stock ones I used the LFR ones in my ltd when I swapped it...

If the bridge is routed for a floyd rose special it should fit in almost perfectly...

Dwight J.

Will the Gotoh FR replacement bridge fit into the cavity of a 2006 ESP LTD M-100FM, which has a licensed FR and not the Special FR?  I would like to use the Gotoh 510T-FE2 or 510TS-FE2 for around $170.00 (prices vary), but it looks like I'll have to settle for the Gotoh GE1996T Floyd Rose Locking Tremolo (Black) at $122.00 (prices vary).  Also, I plan at sometime in the future to add a bigger/optimal sustain block for tone and sustain.  Any recommendations or suggestions?  Thanks!

Post to Thread